Terrabull Boot

Predictions as they were meant to be. Or not. Whatever.
oxfordjames
Puberty

Post by oxfordjames »

Yes
Blue
White
Rear near office
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotAncient Colin&quot wrote: And no, I haven't got the faintest what you might call the exercise of adding up the numbers in a sequence to make a single number is called. Sigh.
According to everyone's favourite website, it's called digit summing. You'd have thought they could have come up with something a bit snappier.
Thanks Boris. Kernow may think it's a complete and utter irrelevance but this Boot is proving to be the most educational yet. Now if I only knew what collecting reg plates is called my life would almost be complete!
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

1pt: Will the Weymouth team arrive in a coach?
Yes.

2pts: What will be the predominant exterior paint colour of that coach?
White.

3pts: What colour will the signwriting on the rear end (not sides) of the coach be?
Blue

4pts: Will the coach be parked with it's front end or rear end nearest the ticket office (assuming they park by turnstile 9/10 again this season) when i arrive at about 7.40 pm?
Rear End.

5pts: What will be the sum of the numbers in the coach registration plate? 12

Tie break: Total attendance WITHOUT GOING OVER.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

two things:

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:I have no desire to prove I can guess a bus livery better than anyone else can, so I'm boycotting this boot on the grounds of complete and utter irrelevance.
i think this makes it the perfect encapsulation of the boot competition?

&quotboris&quot wrote:According to everyone's favourite website...
AAARRRRGGGHHH!
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

I haven't rung my cousin, whose husband is a steward for the Terras in 25 years. It takes me an hour to find another relative with her number and and then I ring to discover her husband left her a year ago and I hadn't heard.

Not surprisingly she wasn't too helpful in my 'research'.

But we then did have about an hour of catching up and I found the phone call really rewading. So thanks Hog, I reckon I am the winner this week.

Yes
blue
white
rear
22 (cos it will one of those dodgy Irish plates sowe can't see how old it is)
Baboo Junior
Puberty

Post by Baboo Junior »

Yes
White
Black
Front

Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

It may be educational but that hasn't stopped participants misunderstanding the five point question!
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotHog&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotAncient Colin&quot wrote: And no, I haven't got the faintest what you might call the exercise of adding up the numbers in a sequence to make a single number is called. Sigh.
According to everyone's favourite website, it's called digit summing. You'd have thought they could have come up with something a bit snappier.
Thanks Boris. Kernow may think it's a complete and utter irrelevance but this Boot is proving to be the most educational yet. Now if I only knew what collecting reg plates is called my life would almost be complete!
I can think of plenty of things to call it!!! :lol:
scooter
Dashing young thing

Post by scooter »

The nice lady at ******** coaches is getting fed up with the number of phone calls expressing an interest in hiring their executive coach and can't understand why the registration number and colour scheme are suddenly so important to people.
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

Do you get a bonus point for predicting Hog has 'booked' one of these coaches more than once during his line of work?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

You sad buggers are doing research on this! Christ! Still, got to admire your resourcefulness. You're gonna be sick if you don't win after that DLT - is OxfordJames your cousin as he's gone for the same combination?!

Of course, I won't know til tonight whether I've booked one or not (trying to catch me out there DLT?!!)
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

The answers were

1. Yes
2. Grey or Silver (my independent adjudicator couldn't decide)
3. Blue
4. Rear
5. 7||7||9 = 23

I reckon it's between Ancient Colin and Scooter on No.s 1-4, on No.5 Colin is closest but I didn't remember to specify nearest counts so going to the tie break it's still Colin. Apparently he found a picture of the bus on the internet but couldn't see the number plate!

See Kernow (and Boogie), with just a little effort ...
Ancient Colin
Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Here you go, one for your scrapbooks:

http&#58//www&#46bluebirdcoaches&#46com ... ach&#46htm

Memo to Patto: &quotBehind Every Great Team ... Is a Good Coach&quot.
scooter
Dashing young thing

Post by scooter »

Doh.

Gutted to lose by about 13 lazy bastards not turning up tonight.
scooter
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by scooter »

&quotscooter&quot wrote:Doh.

Gutted to lose by about 13 lazy bastards not turning up tonight.
But having reviewed the posts Colin is specific that it was a mettalic colour which it patently was not, it was matt grey with no hints of silver.

So as I am off on holiday with no internet access for the next week I can't wait for an adjudication and feel justified in claiming the boot and setting the next one.