Diego Andrade

Anything yellow and blue
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Diego Andrade

Post by Radley Rambler »

Perhaps the worst 'footballer' in an Oxford shirt in recent times. For those who weren't at the Cheltenham game, he came on at half time and was substituted 20 minutes later. I seem to remember the same happening to Jefferson Louis but in that instance it was tactical.

I don't think we'll be seeing Diego again.
Dougie07
Baby

Post by Dougie07 »

Not a chance. He couldn't cross the ball to save his life!
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

I don't think he was fully match fit to be fair. He has payed at a much higher level that's it for his Oxford 'career' as Patterson confirmed on RO. I sounds like Husbands and Reid might be offered contracts.
Dougie07
Baby

Post by Dougie07 »

I know he wasn't match fit but you can tell if a player is good technically. Mr Andrade looked a long way out of his depth.
The Enforcer
Brat

Post by The Enforcer »

It was almost as if Cheltenham knew how poor he was and were quite happy to let him cross at will. I don't think I've ever seen such poor cross completion from an Oxford player - not one from about seven attempts: failed to clear the first man overhit scuffed straight to the goalkeeper - the whole repertoire of botched crosses. He also had a shot - high, wide and not very handsome.

I suppose alarm bells should have started ringing when I looked him up on Soccerbase, which revealed that his 8-month Bournemouth career during Season 04/05 consisted of 2 substitute appearances - one in the league cup and one in an 'other' match.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

QUOTE &quotPerhaps the worst 'footballer' in an Oxford shirt in recent times&quot

Keeo in mind that Raging Fever wear Oxford shirts!
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

Sounds like he'd fit right into many of the Oxford teams from the past few years.

I can't remember many wingers over say the last 5 years that were able to consistantly put a decent cross in.