On the Telly

Anything yellow and blue
Shoobedoo
Puberty

Re:

Post by Shoobedoo »

&quotMatt D&quot wrote:actually, i'm with dan on this one. this is starting to remind me of the mood around the club when we were relegated from the league - poor performances led to disappointment, a lack of interest, and then a slowly increasing sense of alarm as we realised that we really could get relegated.
Can't help thinking the same... it was at the end of the January transfer window, when we sold Hackett and Bradbury, that I thought that the writing could be on the wall last time, and I get this ominous feeling that lightning might strike twice.

This time, while I don't see us selling anybody crucial, the squad - and, it has to be said, the management and coaching - is just so unbelievably poor that I can't see us picking up many more points this season. The team is in complete disarray on the pitch, and the club doesn't seem to be much better off it.

However much still depends on whether any of the bottom four or five can do what Torquay did at the back end of our relegation season... at the moment this doesn't look likely but if one of them does, we should really be looking anxiously over our collective shoulders, as I don't see enough players in the current side that have the stomach for a relegation battle.

My glass is f---ing broken when I threw it at the telly.
DLT
Mid-life Crisis

Post by DLT »

I cannot remember ever seeing such an abject team play live on TV before.

If it hadn't been for the Altrincham bubble I dread to think how the London Road might have cut loose on Patto.

The question I am asking is...

Why after such an improvement in performance against Alty was the system discarded immediately?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Hoof!

That has to be the most inept display of football I've ever seen from OUFC. Turley got almost all of his decisions wrong. The centre backs hoofed into space all night, and Foster made error after error. The full backs might as well not have been there. The entire midfield and 'attack' were pathetic. No exceptions.

Exeter had attacking players hugging the touchlines, getting to the byline and whipping in crosses. Using the width of the pitch to stretch the play and get in behind the defence. Imagine! Our right 'winger' seemed to think he was playing just in front of the back four. Our only real winger was kept on the bench for 80% of the game. And then brought on up front.

And don't forget Exeter were missing a few players too.

I thought the Setanta commentators got it just about spot on all night. Paul Parker was almost angry at how bad we were. The only thing I'd disagree with is when they said we'd be alright with our suspended and injured players back in the team. Bollocks - they're just as bad.

I really despair. I don't think we'll go down this season, but I think we're in huge trouble as a team and as a club. Patto inherited a bad situation, but he's made it much, much worse. Yesterday must have been our lowest away 'league' attendance for lots of years. Decades. We'll be getting 2,500 at home next year. If we're lucky.

We're really in the shit.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotboris&quot wrote:No, AC, I meant disinterested. I know my grammer, mate.
Did you mean to write grammer instead of grammar?

No emoticon so I couldn't tell.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotShoobedoo&quot wrote:
&quotMatt D&quot wrote:actually, i'm with dan on this one. this is starting to remind me of the mood around the club when we were relegated from the league - poor performances led to disappointment, a lack of interest, and then a slowly increasing sense of alarm as we realised that we really could get relegated.
Can't help thinking the same... it was at the end of the January transfer window, when we sold Hackett and Bradbury, that I thought that the writing could be on the wall last time, and I get this ominous feeling that lightning might strike twice.
i've a lot of sympathy with patterson as i assume he's working under much tighter constraints than jim smith was, and has been told to get the wage bill down. but i can't help thinking about this.
MightyOxford1982
Brat

Post by MightyOxford1982 »

Is Duffy the new Bradbury????!!!!!

I Hope Not as this club wont cope with going down again (even without any trips ooop North)

But im not worried im gonna have fun whatever happens!!!
Demanding Fans Not Having Fun = Players Being Crushed Under Pressure Dont Forget Non League Football Is Played By Non League Players.