Turley and Quinn sign contract extensions

Anything yellow and blue
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Turley and Quinn sign contract extensions

Post by Matt D »

i for one am amazed turley is sticking with Us, i was convinced he'd leave at the end of the season for a fourth division club.

is it just me that's surprised? and if not, is it because we've thrown a big bag of cash at him, he's not confident of being able to sign for a higher-level club, new-found inspiration from darren patterson, or he's immensely loyal to Us?
Steppers
Brat

Post by Steppers »

I would suggest that the two year deal helped. Plus Hodgy will not be here for ever and a long serving goalie will probably be in line to to take over.

I would also suggest that he is also fairly confident of being first choice for the next 2.5 years with our next first choice likely to come from the youth team. (we have another highly rated keeper after Warrell)

Finally, He must have lived in northamptonshire for a long time after being at Cobblers, R&ampD and then us, he is unlikely to find a club in the area to pay him more and not have to move.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Shouldn't we be rejoicing - he's a bloody good goalie for this level.
Keeping Quinn too ain't a bad move.
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Post by Paul Cooper »

I too am surprised that Turley has signed up. He is undoubtedly one of the best keepers in the Division and it is a good move for the club.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Elvis, Quinn , Trainer and Hodgy travel in together.

Hodgy is based in Coventry, Trainer's based in Wolverhampton,
Elvis was born in Wolverhampton and I believe is based up in the W Midlands
these days. Quinny lives near Leamington Spa.

Elvis played for Evesham United before joining Cobblers.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotPaul Cooper&quot wrote:I too am surprised that Turley has signed up. He is undoubtedly one of the best keepers in the Division and it is a good move for the club.
I'm not. He's on a good whack. He's too old to play for a decent league side now.

I'm pleased he's signed. Our best player.
John Byrne's Underpants
Puberty

Post by John Byrne's Underpants »

I'm pleased Turley's staying. Simply because he's a character. I'd miss his constant shouting at other players (like they notice anyway) and blaming everyone else and his post match interviews. In a season full of lows and even more lows, he makes a mild diversion.

Much improved this season as well. Arguably our best player so far. I hope that doesn't mean he's due a bad patch.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:Shouldn't we be rejoicing - he's a bloody good goalie for this level.
Keeping Quinn too ain't a bad move.
oh don't think i'm not - i'm absolutely delighted! my delight is just slightly overshadowed by my amazement. however it was achieved, i think it's an excellent move by the club, and i'm impressed they managed it.