What the fff? What the fff?

Anything yellow and blue
GodalmingYellow
Senile

What the fff? What the fff?

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Anyone who watched on Setanta will know what I mean.

That was truly diabolical.
Foghorn
Toddler

Re: What the fff? What the fff?

Post by Foghorn »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:Anyone who watched on Setanta will know what I mean.

I didn't watch on Setanta. What do you mean?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

If Setanta are going to shell out for the rights to broadcast this shit, they might as well pay for a camera gantry that gives an angle for the viewer to work out what is going on.

Not that there was any doubt about which team looked like a village Sunday team, at least in the second half.

GY's title, by the way, refers to Jim Smith's reaction to a woefully misplaced pass by someone or other (neither the commentators nor the camera angle made it obvious who the culprit was, at least not on the grainy broadband full screen way of watching), which resulted in the commentators apologising to any lip-readers in the audience.
Shoobedoo
Puberty

Re:

Post by Shoobedoo »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:GY's title, by the way, refers to Jim Smith's reaction to a woefully misplaced pass by someone or other (neither the commentators nor the camera angle made it obvious who the culprit was, at least not on the grainy broadband full screen way of watching), which resulted in the commentators apologising to any lip-readers in the audience.
Lip readers and psychics actually, I remember the comment quite clearly as it was the only thing in the entire depressing evening that made me smile.

I want to say something constructive or meaningful, but I'm lost for words.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:Anyone who watched on Setanta will know what I mean.

Agree. To the power of 10. These are players who want the manager away.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:

Agree. To the power of 10. These are players who want the manager away.
As do the fans. Not just away - far far away. JS has completely and utterly destroyed the players confidence and self belief.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

Come on. Let's look at the positives from the Histon game:

1. I got in for a student price of £7... and i'm not a student.

2. They had a kebab van there, so i tucked into a very nice Chicken kebab just before half time.

3. the real ale in the local was very nice.

4. it was only 60 miles of blank motorway back home to central london.

All reasons to keep Smith in a job, i'm sure you'll agree...
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:Come on. Let's look at the positives from the Histon game:

1. I got in for a student price of £7... and i'm not a student.

2. They had a kebab van there, so i tucked into a very nice Chicken kebab just before half time.

3. the real ale in the local was very nice.

4. it was only 60 miles of blank motorway back home to central london.

All reasons to keep Smith in a job, i'm sure you'll agree...
You had to pay. That isn't a positive for that performance.
Shoobedoo
Puberty

Re:

Post by Shoobedoo »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:You had to pay. That isn't a positive for that performance.
Neither is the notion that the fourteen players wearing Oxford shirts will get paid for that performance.

Particularly Anaclet, Jeannin (I think his performance tonight was possibly the worst I have ever seen from an Oxford player), Quinn, Gnu, Hutchinson, Yemi, Robinson and Standing. They should be using their appearance fees to reimburse the 252 Oxford fans that went to watch that shite.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotShoobedoo&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:You had to pay. That isn't a positive for that performance.
Neither is the notion that the fourteen players wearing Oxford shirts will get paid for that performance.

Particularly Anaclet, Jeannin (I think his performance tonight was possibly the worst I have ever seen from an Oxford player), Quinn, Gnu, Hutchinson, Yemi, Robinson and Standing. They should be using their appearance fees to reimburse the 252 Oxford fans that went to watch that shite.
Standing? I thought that once he came on we actually started to look a bit (only a bit mind) like a football team. Although having said that I had no clue what system and formation we were playing at the end of the game. Perhaps Jim has invented a new formation - the headless chicken system.
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotMally&quot wrote:

Standing? I thought that once he came on we actually started to look a bit (only a bit mind) like a football team. Although having said that I had no clue what system and formation we were playing at the end of the game. Perhaps Jim has invented a new formation - the headless chicken system.
Standing was useless as well.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotMally&quot wrote:
&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote: Standing? I thought that once he came on we actually started to look a bit (only a bit mind) like a football team. .
Agree with this. We are such a disorganised and demotivated rabble now that one, two, or three subs are very very unlikely to change a game.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Myles Francis »

Bit harsh on Yemi and Anaclet, IMHO. And you've left out Trainer.

I feared the worst as soon as the team's were announced. Robinson and Gnohere keeping their places spoke volumes. Utterly depressing.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

[quote=&quotMyles Francis And you've left out Trainer.[/quote]

Yes what did Trainer do? What does he do ? (Probably confused and overwhelmed by being one of two midfielders.) And why does Jim pick him every game when he has said that he needs a rest?
Why drop Pettefer?
Does anyone understand what goes on in Jim Smith's head? Does Jim himself understand?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

My heart sank too when I saw Marvellous and Gnu in the starting line up and it highlights in full vivid technicolour what is going wrong under Smith.

Gnu did his best to get sent off last night as well, and I was almost begging the ref to do it. Luckily for Gnu, the ref is (according to Setanta) one of the most lenient.

One thing which did make me laugh last night was Paul Parker's regular Colemansballs. Apparently we have signed another 3 players - John Shaw, Eddie Ankalet, and Matty Rose. At least we're not City anymore!