The Ashes - warning: contains Silly Point

Anything yellow and blue
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote:
&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:Sorry, I know I shouldn’t rely on gossip from the Met Office.

And why were you not here? 8)
Pre season friendlies are a waste of time, that's why.

England batted tremendously once Bopara had stoppped stinking the place out. We'll set the Aussies 600 and put them in just before lunch. I can rarely remember seeing such a bunch of woebegone antipodean supporters.
600 is far too many and will risk not leaving enough time to get the wickets.

We'll put them in straight away, and 1-0 to England, provided the weather isn't too disruptive.
Quiet, 20 20 hindsight king at work. :wink:
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote: Pre season friendlies are a waste of time, that's why.

England batted tremendously once Bopara had stoppped stinking the place out. We'll set the Aussies 600 and put them in just before lunch. I can rarely remember seeing such a bunch of woebegone antipodean supporters.
600 is far too many and will risk not leaving enough time to get the wickets.

We'll put them in straight away, and 1-0 to England, provided the weather isn't too disruptive.
Quiet, 20 20 hindsight king at work. :wink:
Eh?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotGodalmingYellow&quot wrote: I'll remind you of this posting on Monday evening. :wink:

Bump.
I'm very happy for it to be bumped, and what I described has happened so far.

Weather played a part on Friday (as it will tomorrow), and the game will be a draw unless there is a batting collapse (which the Aussies duly obliged with).

Let's bump it again tomorrow night to check if the weather intervened. :wink:
Bump.

Yes play lost at start and end of day.

It seems all the suggestions turned out to be true.

Very quiet tonight AO. Cat got your tongue?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotDartford Ox&quot wrote:
&quotHog&quot wrote:Be quiet!
Sorry :(
The idea is that when a pointless argument like this gets going between some of the superstars of pointless arguments you just sit back and watch/read – so please don’t even think about commenting on the events at Lords today as that will just clutter up the decent reading for everyone else.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Bah! Have to follow it on CricInfo from work today. Might have to slip out for a liquid lunch......

My prediction: it won't be a draw :lol:
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

We desperately need Haddin and Clarke out. If they put on a further 100 for no loss this morning then we are in real trouble.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quottheox&quot wrote:We desperately need Haddin and Clarke out. If they put on a further 100 for no loss this morning then we are in real trouble.
I think that Clarke is the real key. Effectively they've got to put on 50-odd runs for each wicket. With Clarke marshalling the tailenders that's a possibility. Haddin I believe is too fragile*.

Please, please England, skittle them over in ten overs or so my nerves can't take it!

(* the humble pie is baking in the oven and will be ready in a couple of hours)
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

Job done! Let's now play for three draws...... :lol:
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by ty cobb »

&quottheox&quot wrote:Job done! Let's now play for three draws...... :lol:
Having got tickets for the first 4 days in Brum I'm hoping they push home the advantage at one of our stongest grounds.

In 2005 Lords was the only ground the Aussies got a victory on - they will be even more gutted that we've broken such a long streak - especially after Cardiff so time to make them suffer more.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by theox »

&quotty cobb&quot wrote:
&quottheox&quot wrote:Job done! Let's now play for three draws...... :lol:
Having got tickets for the first 4 days in Brum I'm hoping they push home the advantage at one of our stongest grounds.

In 2005 Lords was the only ground the Aussies got a victory on - they will be even more gutted that we've broken such a long streak - especially after Cardiff so time to make them suffer more.
I wonder if Ty enjoyed the 6 hour wait for play to start?!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Stewth, this ain’t fair because if it just keeps on raining like it has been for the last few weeks we’re going to send Ponting home in disgrace, just like we did to his close relative Skippy the Bush Kangaroo once us Brits had discovered decent foreign television.

Wouldn’t that be an XXXX shame?
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by Paul Cooper »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Stewth, this ain’t fair because if it just keeps on raining like it has been for the last few weeks we’re going to send Ponting home in disgrace, just like we did to his close relative Skippy the Bush Kangaroo once us Brits had discovered decent foreign television.

Wouldn’t that be an XXXX shame?
Not over yet! We will have to bat well to save this I would suspect. Should do but 'us brits' don't always bat well under pressure !!
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

Thank God the football starts tomorrow as the cricket has just gone down the toilet...........
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

And Ponting didnÔÇÖt even get a decent booing when he came out to bat.
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

I'm going to spend the next month bleary eyed and complaining of getting no sleep.