Chester

Anything yellow and blue
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote:Sections of the media are reporting that despite Chester's points deduction being illegal and the CONference being fined £5k for not implementing the rules correctly, Chester will STILL start on minus 25 pts !!!

How can that be ?
This is an explanation from the Chester forum:
The Conference were wrong to permit us to stay in their league, even with the added deduction of 15 points. Today they were fined for their error - but the error is allowed to stand because the alternative would have been to expel us.
What the FA are saying that if the Conference had applied their own rules correctly, we should have been thrown out because we did not exit administration correctly.
So what we are left with is the least-worst option.
Seems to make sense.

Got to pity them really - start on -25 points and still have Stephen Vaughan in charge. Better than extinction? Just.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

So, do we now get an appeal from Woking, who should not have been relegated, but were - or will they be hushed up with a 15pt bonus to make up for it (Don't laugh, this is Brian Lee we are talking about).

I actually wonder whether if the 4th bottom finisher had been in the northern half of the country (eg. Northwich or the eternal relegation dodgers Altrincham) whether the FA would have ordered some sort of Livingston style late switch of leagues?
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

Hmmm.... All very interesting indeed.

What I find amusing was the community shield on Sunday. Getting the tube home from the pub I encountered some rowdy chelsea fans on the tube. When I asked them the score, they told me it was a draw. &quotwhat did they do then?&quot I asked &quotget both teams in the middle pitch and give the trophy to the team least in debt?&quot

at which point they individually accused me of supporting, in order: qpr, portsmouth, fulham, Newcastle and west ham!

Sadly, football at every level takes it's lead from the top. In this case we have 2 teams fighting it out to &quotwin&quot our league system, but both in massive, massive debt. What sort of example is this to the rest of football? This is where the fa should start, not in the lower leagues... I agree, take the amount of debt a club is in and minus that figure from their end of season total! That'll soon sort the men from the boys.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote: I agree, take the amount of debt a club is in and minus that figure from their end of season total! That'll soon sort the men from the boys.
Not to mention leaving us bottom of the Conference!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Another interesting article about Chester (and thanks to Thom Airs for finding it).

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=1798
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Roo »

&quotRoo&quot wrote:On a similar point I was told yesterday by a friend who is a Salisbury fan, and has his finger on the pulse there, that it is common knowledge around the club that they will go into administration after 2/3 games. They will thereby avoid automatic relegation, in this closed season, and take a points deduction instead. I don't think that they will be the only ones either.

As predicted.................. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 236641.stm
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

So what is your prediction as to what happens now to Salisbury and how many other teams to follow in BSP?
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotBoogie&quot wrote:So what is your prediction as to what happens now to Salisbury and how many other teams to follow in BSP?

Chester in playoffs?