Recurring W.I.L.D ers League

Anything yellow and blue
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Don't care. Ner, ner, ner!
I do!!!
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Second table - sorry intended to do it at the end of September after 12 games but I am glad I was too busy until Oxford went into 3rd!

Yankee Clipper 37 (17) with Crawley 1st, Oxford 3rd, Shrewsbury 5th Slumdon 11th, Crewe 15th, Northampton 17th and Barnet 21st WELL DONE - RECORD SCORE.

Boogie 25 (11) with Oxford 3rd, Shrewsbury 5th, Rotherham 13th,Torquay 16th and Crawley promotion || near miss.

YF Dan 17 (9) with Crawley 1st, Aldershot 19th, Oxford promotion and near miss, Shrews play-off.

Snake 15 (8 ) with Shrewsbury 5th and Stanley 18th, Barnet 21st, Crawley promotion || near miss, Oxford promotion.

Mark 11 (-1) with Oxford 3rd, Port Vale 8th and Dag &amp Red 20th.

Sackcloth 8 (-5) with Oxford 3rd Port Vale 8th and Shrews play-off and near miss.

Joey B 6 (10) with Shrewsbury 5th, Stanley 18th and Crawley promotion || near miss.

Dart Ox 4 (-2) with Oxford 3rd, Gillingham 9th.

A-Ro 2 (7) AFCW correct || play-off. Oxford promotion.

Big Crom 1 (-10) with Barnet 21st plus Oxford promo || near miss.

Mooro 0 ( 18 ) with Shrewsbury 5th.

A Coli -2 (-7) with Crawley promo || near miss.

Jpoolman -4 (-3) with Hereford 23rd.

Slappy -5 (2) with Oxford prmotion || near miss.

Kernow -6 (-9) with Stanley 18th.

Hoglette -7 (-6) Three near misses.

Early days but as a group we are doing better than last term.

As ever, feel free to check my excel spreadsheet data entries by checking your own scores.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mooro »

&quotMooro&quot wrote:
&quotHog&quot wrote:Don't care. Ner, ner, ner!
I do!!!
Oh No I don't!!!
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Third (cup break) table.

A Coli 25 (-2) with AFCW 11th, Barnet 23rd, Crawley 2nd, Hereford 19th, Oxford play-offs, s*****n play-offs || 1 near miss.

Joey B 19 (6) with Barnet 23rd, Crawley 2nd, Oxford play-offs and near miss, Shrews play-offs and near miss || 1 near miss.

Snake 15 ( 8 ) with Aldershot 15th, Crawley 2nd, Hereford 19th, Shrews play-offs and near miss || 2 near misses.

Boogie 8 (25) with Crawley 2nd, Shrews play-offs and near miss || 4 near misses.

Kernow 7 (-6) with Aldershot 15th, Barnet relegation || near miss, s*****n play-offs || near miss || 2 near misses.

YF Dan 7 (17) with Crawley promo || near miss, Port Vale 10th, Shrews Play-off.

Yankee Clipper 6 (37) with Crawley promo || near miss, Shrews play-offs || near miss || 1 near miss.

Jpoolman 5 (-4) with OXFORD 7TH, Rotherham 14th || 1 near miss.

Slappy 4 (-5) with Barnet 23rd, S*****n 6th.

A-Ro 2 (2) with Barnet 23rd || 2 near misses.

Dart Ox 2 (4) with Barnet 23rd, Gillingham 9th || 1 near miss.

Mark 2 (11) with S*****n play-offs and near miss || 3 near misses.

Mooro 2 (0) with Oxford play-offs, Shrews play-off || near miss || 1 near miss.

Sackcloth 2 ( 8 ) with Shrews 4th || play-off and near miss, S*****n play-offs and near miss || 1 near miss.

Hoglette 1 (-7) with Barnet relegation || near miss, Oxford play-offs.

Big Crom -7 (1) with Stanley 17th.

Next update will probably be after Christmas.

As ever, feel free to check my excel spreadsheet data entries by checking your own scores.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

New Year Table (post Creepy).

Yankee bounces back with YF Dan just behind.

Others climb the table due to copying my predictions for Shrewsbury and Gillingham.

A commendation to Kernow for having Oxford right - but lets hope he's wrong in the long run.

Yankee Clipper 29 (6) with Crawley 1st, Shrews 5th, Gills 6th, Crewe 15th || 4 near misses.

YF Dan 21 (7) with Crawley 1st, S*****n play-offs || near miss, Shrews play-offs, Gills play-offs and near miss, || 1 near miss

Boogie 15 ( 8 ) with Crawley promo || near miss, Shrews 5th, Gills 6th, Barnet 20th || 2 near misses

Mark 15 (2) with S*****n 4th, Gills 6th, Shots 16th, Bradford 18th || 1 near miss

Kernow 11 (7) with S*****n play-offs, OXFORD 8th || 3 near misses

Snake 14 (15) with Crawley promo || near miss, S*****n play-offs and near miss, Shrews 5th || 3 near misses

Mooro 10 (2) with Shrews 5th, Gills 6th || 2 near misses

Sackcloth 7 (2) with S*****n play-offs, Shrews play-offs || near miss, Gills play-offs || near miss || 2 near misses

A Coli 5 (25) with Crawley promo || near miss, S******n 4th || 1 near miss

Slappy 4 (4) with S*****n promo || near miss, Gills play-offs, Ac Stanley 11th || 1 near miss

Joey B 3 (19) with Crawley promo || near miss, Shrews 5th || 2 near misses.

A-Ro 2 (2) Gills play-offs || near miss, Hereford 21st || 1 near miss.

Big Crom 2 (-7) with Shrews play-offs, Port Vale 13th || 3 near misses.

Dart Ox -2 (2) with Rotherham 10th || 3 near misses

Hoglette -10 (1)

Jpoolman -13 (5) with 1 near miss but bottom due to having 14 teams in the wrong half (or should that be halves)!

As ever, feel free to check my Excel spreadsheet data entries by checking your own scores.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Just in case anyone was wondering, I am going to wait until after the matches on Tuesday 13th before posting the next update as I think all the games in hand will have been played by then.

After S*****n and Shrews any bonus points for Oxford's position will also be more meaningful.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Summer-time Catch Up Table

Early leaders Yankee and YF Dan plummet.

Dart Ox and Mooro now fighting it out with Big-Crom and A-Ro close behind and Jpoolman who has Oxford right in 7th.

Good job Sackcloth has changed his name...

Dart Ox 22 (-2) with Crawley 4th, Gills 9th, Rotherham 10th, Shrews promo, Macc relegation || near miss, || 2 near misses

Mooro 22 (10) with Oxford play-offs, Crawley play-offs, Torquay promo || near miss, Hereford bottom, || 2 near misses

Big Crom 17 (2) with Chelts 4th, Macc 23rd, Torquay promo || near miss || 2 near misses.

A-Ro 16 (2) with Chelts 4th, Shrews 3rd, Macc relegation || near miss, || 1 near miss.

Jpoolman 15 corrected to 10 (-13) with (Macc and) Hereford (both) relegation but the wrong way round, so || 2 near misses, OXFORD 7th

Hoglette 10 (-10) with Shots 11th, Crawley play-offs, Oxford play-offs Shrews promo.

Mark 10 (15) with Plymouth 23rd Crawley play-offs and near miss and shrews promo || near miss

A Coli 8 (5) with Macc Relegation || near miss, Shrews 3rd, Oxford play-offs, || 1 near miss

Kernow 7 (11) with Shrews promo || near miss, Southend play-offs || near miss, || 2 near misses

Snake 6 (14) with Macc || relegation, S*****n promo || 2 near misses

Boogie 4 (15) with Barnet 20th and Hereford 23rd

Slappy 4 (4) with Macc relegation || near miss, S*****n promo, AFCW 15th

Joey B -1 (1) with Oxford play-off || near miss, Crewe 8th || 1 near miss but 11 in wrong half.

YF Dan -1 (21) with S****n promo || 2 near misses

Yankee Clipper -3 (29) with 3 near misses.

Sackcloth -5 (7) with AFCW 15th || 2 near misses

As ever, feel free to check my Excel spreadsheet data entries by checking your own scores.
Last edited by Boogie on Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Post Easter Table

Dart Ox pulls clear thanks to Stanley. Mooro, Big-Crom and A-Ro close behind.

Hoglette continues to improve and leads the chasing pack.

Jpoolman still has Oxford right in 7th but my apologies to him as he did not predict Macca as relegation fodder – my mistake last time.

Sackcloth still holding up the rest...

Dart Ox 27 (22) with Crawley 4th, Gills 9th, Rotherham 10th, Stanley 12th, Shrews promo, Macc relegation || near miss, || 3 near misses

Mooro 23 (22) with Oxford play-offs, Crawley play-offs, Torquay promo || near miss, Hereford bottom, || 1 near miss

Big Crom 23 (17) with Chelts 4th, Burton 16th, Dag &amp R 19th, Macc 23rd, Torquay promo || near miss || 2 near misses.

A-Ro 22 (16) with Chelts 4th, Shrews 3rd, Stanley 12th, Macc relegation || near miss, || 2 near misses.

Hoglette 14 (10) with Shots 11th, Dag &amp R 19th, Crawley play-offs, Oxford play-offs Shrews promo || 1 near miss.

A Coli 11 ( 8 ) with Macc Relegation || near miss, Shrews 3rd, Oxford play-offs, || 2 near misses

Jpoolman 10 (15 should have been 10) with Hereford relegation || near miss, OXFORD 7th, Dag &amp R 19th || 1 near miss but 14 in wrong half. NB Score for Macc last time was wrong – was and still is only a near miss.

Kernow 6 (7) with Shrews promo || near miss, Southend play-offs || near miss, || 2 near misses

Mark 5 (10) with Crawley play-offs and near miss and shrews promo || near miss || 1 near miss

Slappy 5 (4) with Macc relegation || near miss, S*****n promo || 1 near miss

Snake 4 (6) with Macc || relegation, S*****n promo || 1 near misses but 11 in the wrong half.

Boogie 1 (4) with P Vale 14th and Hereford 23rd but 10 in the wrong half!

Yankee Clipper 1 (-3) with macc relegation || near misses || 2 near misses.

Joey B -1 (1) with Oxford play-off || near miss, Crewe 8th || 1 near miss but 11 in wrong half.

YF Dan -2 (-1) with S****n promo || 1 near miss

Sackcloth -6 (-5) with 2 near misses

Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Two to Go Table

All Change as all those who have Macclesfield bottom fly up the table and Kernow replaces JPoolman as the only entrant with Oxford right for 10 bonus points (let’s hope he’s wrong at the end!).

A lot of entrants lose Oxford play-off position points…

At the top Dart Ox has stormed ahead with an impressive 39 (beating Yankee's previous record of 37 - well done!) helped by Macc but also with only four teams in the wrong half. A-Ro hanging in there but Mooro and Big Crompy plummet.

Macc staying bottom or not, the Crawley / Torquay battle and whether Oxford grab the play-off spot will determine the final table but with Dart Ox not damaged if Crawley and Torquay swop places, the fat lady is clearing her throat…

I shall flag significant near misses for the main contenders.

TABLE

Dart Ox 39 (27) with Macc bottom, Shrews promo || near miss, Crewe play-off || near miss, Torquay play-off || near miss, Gills 9th, Rotherham 10th, Stanley 12th || 3 near misses (inc. Barnet and Crawley).

A-Ro 26 (22) with Macc bottom, Shrews Promo || near miss, Torquay play-off || near miss, Stanley 12th, || 3 near misses. (inc.Crawley &amp Barnet)

Kernow 23 (6) with OXFORD *th, Crewe Play-offs, Shrews promo in 2nd, Southend play-offs || near miss, || 2 near misses (inc. Hereford).

A Coli 17 (11) with Macc bottom, Shrews promo || near miss, Crawley promo || near miss || 2 near misses (inc. Barnet).

Slappy 15 (5) with Macc bottom, Shrews promo || 1 near miss (sorry wrongly had this down as S*****n last time) || 4 near misses (inc. Barnet).

Yankee Clipper 14 (1) with Macc bottom, Crawley promo || 3 near misses.

Big Crom 10 (23) with Port Vale 13th, Dag &amp R 19th, Macc relegated || near miss || 5 near misses (inc. Macc &amp Torquay)

Jpoolman 9 (10) with Hereford relegation in 23rd, Crewe Play-offs, Torquay play-offs || near miss, Dag &amp R 19th || 1 near miss but 14 in wrong half.

Snake 9 (4) with Crawley promo|| near miss, Macc relegation || near miss, S*****n promo.

Hoglette 7 (14) with Shots 11th, Morecambe 14th, Dag &amp R 19th, Shrews promo || 1 near miss.

Mark 5 (5) with Shrews promo in 2nd, Bradford 18th || 2 near misses

Boogie 3 (1) with Crawley promo || near miss || 1 near miss but 9 in the wrong half!

YF Dan 3 (-2) with S****n and Crawley promo || 1 near miss

Mooro 2 (23) with Hereford relegated || near miss || 3 near misses

Joey B -1 (1) with Crawley promo || near miss || 4 near misses but 11 in wrong half.

Sackcloth -6 (-6) with 2 near misses

Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Recurring W.I.L.D ers League

Post by Boogie »

Final Table

There is a clear winner – well done Dartford Ox.

Kernow is the only competitor to get a point for Oxford…

Unlikely I shall run this next season - volunteer for the same or something similar?

TABLE

CHAMPION

Dart Ox 39 (39) with Macc bottom, Shrews promo || near miss, Torquay 5th, Crewe play-off || near miss, Rotherham 10th, Bristol Rovers 13th, || 3 near misses (Barnet, Crawley, Northampton).

RUNNER UP

A-Ro 27 (26) with Macc bottom, Shrews Promo || near miss, Torquay 5th, || 6 near misses. (Barnet, Crawley, Dag &amp R, Gills, Northampton, Rotherham)

THIRD PROMO SPOT

A Coli 19 (17) with Macc bottom, Shrews promo || near miss, Crawley promo || near miss || Gills 8th || 1 near miss (Barnet).

PLAY-OFFS

Snake 16 (9) with Crawley promo|| near miss, Macc relegation || near miss, S*****n promo, Gills 8th, Port Vale 12th || 1 near miss (Barnet).

Kernow 15 (23) with Crewe Play-offs, Shrews promo in 2nd, Southend play-offs || 3 near misses (Hereford, OXFORD, Rotherham).

Yankee Clipper 15 (14) with Macc bottom, Crawley promo || 3 near misses (Barnet, Burton, Rotherham).

Slappy 14 (15) with Macc bottom, Shrews promo || 1 near miss || 3 near misses (AFCW, Barnet, Hereford).

MID TABLE

Jpoolman 11 (9) with Hereford relegation in 23rd, Torquay 5th, Crewe Play-offs, Dag &amp R 19th but 13 in wrong half and no near misses.

Mark 10 (5) with Shrews promo in 2nd, Stanley 14th, Bradford 18th || 2 near misses (Dag &amp Red, Plymouth)

Big Crom 7 (10) with Dag &amp R 19th, Macc relegated || near miss || 4 near misses (Barnet, Burton, Crawley, Port Vale).

SCRAPPING NEAR THE BOTTOM

Hoglette 5 (7) with Shots 11th, Dag &amp R 19th, Shrews promo || near miss || 1 near miss (Morecambe).

YF Dan 5 (3) with S****n and Crawley promo || 1 near miss (Hereford).

Boogie 3 (3) with Crawley promo || near miss || Macc relegated || near miss || 1 near miss (Stanley) but 10 in the wrong half!

Joey B 1 (-1) with Crawley promo || near miss || 4 near misses (AFCW, Barnet, Crewe, Hereford) but 9 in the wrong half.

CONFERENCE FODDER

Mooro -2 (2) with Hereford relegated || near miss || 2 near misses (Burton, Northampton) but 9 in the wrong half.

Sackcloth -6 (-6) with 2 near misses (AFCW, Shots) and with 8 in the wrong half.
Dartford Ox
Puberty

Post by Dartford Ox »

Many thanks for organising that Boogie. Greatly enjoyed.

Now - how can I transfer my &quottalent&quot to the Manager of OUFC :?: :?:

A lucky pin for making selections perhaps. :?:
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

Good work - I'd do it again next year if you can be bothered
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

&quotBoogie&quot wrote:Summer-time Catch Up Table (March 25th)

Early leaders Yankee and YF Dan plummet.

Dart Ox and Mooro now fighting it out with Big-Crom and A-Ro close behind and Jpoolman who has Oxford right in 7th.
Could this have been the biggest plummet of the season?????
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Wow! Second - who knew?

Thanks Boogie.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Thanks for the offer Joey B.

If you would like to PM me with an email address, I can send you my spreadsheet so you can see how I kept track.

I'll also give you a few tips although you may want to simplify the whole thing - near misses are time consuming and a nightmare when combined with wrong half 12th/13th or 13th/12th!