ALDERSHOT: four wins in 19 games.

Anything yellow and blue
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotOUFC4eva&quot wrote: the infamous 0-3 FA Cup loss on a cold and snowy 10/01/1987 (Johnny Aldridge's last match)
No it wasn't.
Go on Boris tell us what game was then. Or do I have to look it up?
It wasn't Aldridges last match, that was a couple of weeks later against Watford. His last match for Oxford I mean, he probably played a couple of hundred or more after that!
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotHog&quot wrote:
&quotBaboo&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote: No it wasn't.
Go on Boris tell us what game was then. Or do I have to look it up?
It wasn't Aldridges last match, that was a couple of weeks later against Watford. His last match for Oxford I mean, he probably played a couple of hundred or more after that!
Indeed. He played his last game for us that season in January, but had already scored 21 goals in 30 appearances. Which, for a team at the wrong end of the top flight, is pretty fucking phenomenal. (To put it into perspective, this season's top scorer to date in all competitions is Man United's Berbatov, with 15.)
bspittles
Brat

Post by bspittles »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 354514.stm

Sounds like Aldershot are about to sack their manager.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

And gone. When was the last time that defeat to Oxford prompted a management exit?
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:And gone. When was the last time that defeat to Oxford prompted a management exit?
Surely, in the wilderness years, a defeat to Oxford would be the last straw for many a chairman?
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

There have been a fair few over the years. I'd love to know exactly how many.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Given the number of managers that get the sack each season I suspect almost every club in the country could claim they provided the final straw for a fair few (ex) managers.