VALIANT UNITED BEAT VALE...

Anything yellow and blue
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:Bradford are currently selling 25 year season tickets for £110 a year and when the scheme was introduced a couple of years ago a one year ST worked out at £6 a game for adults.

http://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/page/Ne ... 06,00.html
That's only for renewals of those who have already taken them out. Current ST info is here: http://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/page/Se ... 66,00.html

So, £250/season which isn't expecially cheap.
Indeed, but the majority are renewals, and it comes with a free upgrade to a &quotsupporters' suite&quot.

In would be interesting to know just how many people actually attended each game because at £110 a lot of 'casuals' would have taken up this offer and not be there for every game but still counted as part of the crowd!
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re:

Post by Myles Francis »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:Indeed, but the majority are renewals, and it comes with a free upgrade to a &quotsupporters' suite&quot.

In would be interesting to know just how many people actually attended each game because at £110 a lot of 'casuals' would have taken up this offer and not be there for every game but still counted as part of the crowd!
There were only about 1,000 who took out the 25yr season ticket. They had to pay £2500 up front, then have to pay a renewal amount each season - £110 this season.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotMyles Francis&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:Indeed, but the majority are renewals, and it comes with a free upgrade to a &quotsupporters' suite&quot.

There were only about 1,000 who took out the 25yr season ticket. They had to pay £2500 up front, then have to pay a renewal amount each season - £110 this season.
Thanks for clearing that up, Myles. Hope WPL don't go and do that then sell up!
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Bradford had an early-bird price if you paid in full by 9 May 2010 of £184 for an adult seat, which was for a seat in any stand - not just the ones behind the goal.
Yankee Clipper
Puberty

Re:

Post by Yankee Clipper »

&quotSwissbloke&quot wrote:Two more things about Beano.

I have a feeling he's being asked to play that deep and get offsides. It's a time killer.

He's changed his facebook status to &quotin a relationship&quot becuase of the special partnership we'd formed on FIFA 11.

Not really being a fan of Facebook, don’t quite get it. Although I am strangely addicted to Twitter. I checked Constable’s Facebook page and it would appear that he likes “Falling asleep whilst cuddling
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:Someone said that we have the biggest paying fan base in the league. What about Bradford?
I think Bradford's season tickets are dirt cheap - they certainly used to be. That's why there's hardly any variation in their attendances week in week out.

I think the point Snake(?) was trying to make was that our gate receipts must be pretty much the biggest in our division.
Maybe, but the point was still made about the SIZE of the paying fanbase, not its VALUE. That's a different point entirely.

Which brings us back to the age old P&ampL sheet. We might well have the highest value fan base in the league, but we probably have the highest outgoing as well, what with our blood-money to FK.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:
&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote:Someone said that we have the biggest paying fan base in the league. What about Bradford?
I think Bradford's season tickets are dirt cheap - they certainly used to be. That's why there's hardly any variation in their attendances week in week out.

I think the point Snake(?) was trying to make was that our gate receipts must be pretty much the biggest in our division.
Maybe, but the point was still made about the SIZE of the paying fanbase, not its VALUE. That's a different point entirely.

Which brings us back to the age old P&ampL sheet. We might well have the highest value fan base in the league, but we probably have the highest outgoing as well, what with our blood-money to FK.
“Blood money
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by recordmeister »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote: I think Bradford's season tickets are dirt cheap - they certainly used to be. That's why there's hardly any variation in their attendances week in week out.

“Blood money
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote: One major positive is the investment in &quotassets&quot. What value would Gilchrist or Ashton have had on the balance sheet? Well, how about Worley and Franks? Something vs nothing, in my book.
I presume you mean &quotnothing v something&quot unless you mean Gilchrist and Ashton are bigger assets that Worley and Franks (not that you can consider Franks an asset as he's only on loan, but I know what you mean). If you look at our current squad and consider who might be transferable for dosh, I think we could get money for Beano, Wright, Heslop, Craddock and Potter (and possibly Clarke), with Worley and a couple of others (Baker, Payne if he signs, Franks if he signs) as ones for the future.
Sackcloth Ox
Puberty

Re:

Post by Sackcloth Ox »

&quotboris&quot wrote:
&quotrecordmeister&quot wrote: One major positive is the investment in &quotassets&quot. What value would Gilchrist or Ashton have had on the balance sheet? Well, how about Worley and Franks? Something vs nothing, in my book.
I presume you mean &quotnothing v something&quot unless you mean Gilchrist and Ashton are bigger assets that Worley and Franks (not that you can consider Franks an asset as he's only on loan, but I know what you mean). If you look at our current squad and consider who might be transferable for dosh, I think we could get money for Beano, Wright, Heslop, Craddock and Potter (and possibly Clarke), with Worley and a couple of others (Baker, Payne if he signs, Franks if he signs) as ones for the future.

Hmm. I think Worley is worth money NOW. Don't be surprised if he's the first to go. Don't ignore Purkiss or Kinniburgh either.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:
&quotboris&quot wrote:
Hmm. I think Worley is worth money NOW. Don't be surprised if he's the first to go. Don't ignore Purkiss or Kinniburgh either.
Interesting to see the last side to play under our former owner and Brian Talbot/Patto. How much were they worth I wonder compared to Wilder's acquisitions? - http://www.oufc.co.uk/page/MatchReport/ ... 18,00.html

Of the current squad then I reckon Ryan Clarke is our most valuable asset. 30 clean sheets in 66 games and only two errors that have lead to opposition goals is quite a record.

I wonder if Jon Murray keeps a record of his rating system for each player (yes, I do know that at times he watches a different game to us) but it would still be fascinating to see some averages of our current squad.
Swissbloke
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Swissbloke »

Heslop, Worley and Batt all have value too I'd wager.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotSackcloth Ox&quot wrote:Constable has just got a new girlfriend, (if his Facebook status to be believed it showed in his performance)
!

i'm intrigued to learn how you discerned beano's new-found love through the medium of football...
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:
&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote: I think Bradford's season tickets are dirt cheap - they certainly used to be. That's why there's hardly any variation in their attendances week in week out.

“Blood money
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotMally&quot wrote:[q
What it really costs us is the profit margin that Firoka add over and above their financing and admin costs, but even this may be less than it would cost WPL to build/buy and manage their own stadium.
Was going to say this but you got there first Mr M.