Points deduction

Anything yellow and blue
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:Still...everyone makes mistakes
Yeah, like posting a Hat prediction in the wrong thread.

Frank, what do your rules have to say about this? Should he be deducted points, and if so, what would his right of appeal be?
Ascension Ox
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Ascension Ox »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:

Frank, what do your rules have to say about this? Should he be deducted points, and if so, what would his right of appeal be?

Yes, huge mistake. I 'll take my points deduction. There will be no appeal.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Re:

Post by GodalmingYellow »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:
&quotSnake&quot wrote:

No appeal?

I'm livid... :lol:
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotAscension Ox&quot wrote:
Isn't that what Crawley said before the hearing?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotSnake&quot wrote:My understanding is that this particular error can’t happen any more because the players' Conference registration number (which is provided to clubs when the player’s registration is processed) must be put onto the official team sheets to be sent in.
And as confirmed by Nathan Cooper on RadOx Sunday, this is indeed now the case.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

This is an interesting article, which makes the case that points deductions should not be used as a punishment.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 762273.ece
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

That is an interesting article, but it's talking about points deductions as a punishment for clubs gaining a competitive advantage through entering administration, which isn't relevant to Oxford's case. It would be more interesting to see if any research has been done that shows that points deductions don't prevent clubs from making admin cock-ups after they've been punished already.

However, the real point that needs to be made, consistently and continuously, is that points deductions are morally a wrong tool to punish clubs that have made admin errors where it is clear that there was no intent to gain a competitive advantage, and that league tables ought to be determined by what happens on the field of play rather than a bureaucrat's office in Birmingham.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotboris&quot wrote: However, the real point that needs to be made, consistently and continuously, is that points deductions are morally a wrong tool to punish clubs that have made admin errors where it is clear that there was no intent to gain a competitive advantage, and that league tables ought to be determined by what happens on the field of play rather than a bureaucrat's office in Birmingham.
&quotboris&quot wrote: However, the real point that needs to be made, consistently and continuously, is that points deductions are morally a wrong tool to punish clubs that have made admin errors where it is clear that there was no intent to gain a competitive advantage, and that league tables ought to be determined by what happens on the field of play rather than a bureaucrat's office in Birmingham.
and so on and so on
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:I can't be arsed with this season any more: fuck it, it's not even worth the short period of time it takes to think of an Unexpected Event.

I think I'll wind forward to the end of the seson right now. See you in August.
So what did you think of this season, Peña?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Snake »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:
&quotPeña Oxford United&quot wrote:I can't be arsed with this season any more: fuck it, it's not even worth the short period of time it takes to think of an Unexpected Event.

I think I'll wind forward to the end of the season right now. See you in August.
So what did you think of this season, Peña?
If Ed/Justin Horton ever comes back on this board again then I’m more than happy to set up a game (or even a series of matches) of chess with him. He claims to be half-decent at this sport so if he wants to take up my challenge then I’m very happy to pay £1000 to the 12th Man Fund if he wins.

This is not a bet, as Ed has nothing to lose.