The Ashes - warning: contains Silly Point

Anything yellow and blue
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by ty cobb »

&quotPaul Cooper&quot wrote:
&quotty cobb&quot wrote:Only in England would we be talking of leaving out our leading wicket taker of the series. He may go for a few runs but this is Test cricket not one day or 20/20, he has taken wickets every 33 runs in this series, compare to Jimmy at 31 and Swan at 38. There was nowt wrong with our bowling in the last match, it was the batting that was awful, you don't drop someone taking more wickets than anyone else!
Fair point. But ...

I guess thatas we had them at what 95-6 in the first innings in retrospect his is where we let them off the hook. It seems to be thought that Finn looked very tired and started to leak runs.

From what is being said, it sounds like Finn will be 'rested' rather than dropped- he is only 21 after all and we don't want him braeking down.

Anyway BBC today suggests that Anderson and Finn could be out of the game- that would be a real problem.
That's a bit like blaming a striker who got a hat trick for losing the game 4-3 because he didn't stick another couple in - we got 183 and 127, that's what lost us the match, not bowling them out for 268. Finn conceded 183 runs, we lost by 267.

Finn removed their top 3 batsmen during the match and got Johnson out in the first innings who was their top scorer. Dropping him would be foolish when we need one win to retain the Ashes. We will get that win by bowling them out, not being frugal with the runs.

As for believing tittle tattle from the daily express :roll:
Paul Cooper
Dashing young thing

Re:

Post by Paul Cooper »

&quotty cobb&quot wrote:
&quotPaul Cooper&quot wrote:
&quotty cobb&quot wrote:
That's a bit like blaming a striker who got a hat trick for losing the game 4-3 because he didn't stick another couple in - we got 183 and 127, that's what lost us the match, not bowling them out for 268. Finn conceded 183 runs, we lost by 267.

Finn removed their top 3 batsmen during the match and got Johnson out in the first innings who was their top scorer. Dropping him would be foolish when we need one win to retain the Ashes. We will get that win by bowling them out, not being frugal with the runs.

As for believing tittle tattle from the daily express :roll:
Telegraph actually. Pringle suggested that Finn looked tired and maybe rested.

I agree that if fit and up to it Finn should play. Many England fast bowlers have had fitness problems though and I would not want him to be overbowled.
BigCrompy
Puberty

Post by BigCrompy »

My God, but that was a good day out...

...I can scarcely believe it actually happened!
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Post by A-Ro »

Is it just me or did I just hear a chant of &quotYellows, Yellows&quot at the G?
A-Ro
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by A-Ro »

&quotAncient Colin&quot wrote:
&quotAncient Colin&quot wrote:I'm a bit worried about all this triumphalism. Pride comes before a fall and all that.

Bump
I've just partaken of a large glass of triumphalism and it didn't worry me one bit.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

So did you get there this morning Phil and have you got a hangover?