Meh

Anything yellow and blue
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Meh

Post by ty cobb »

Come on then pollard money where your mouth is.

Or are you going to try and defend that shambles today?
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Yeah, this bollocks about us being good at home is laid to rest now. Home record this season is: 4 3 4. Pretty terrible. And I don't care that Shrewsbury are top. I remember when we used to raise our game for the higher-placed teams at home. Remember even not that many years ago that injury time win against Port Vale when they were top (after they'd just equalised) - worrying that they now seem like the good old days.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

Scared bunny rabbits caught in the headlights of a superior team cannot raise their game. That was a clueless, gutless, directionless performance of such monumental ineptitude I am starting to get very concerned for what this season might ultimately hold. It was shown up so clearly because it happened to come against a much better team, not that I attribute our incompetence only to their obvious superiority.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Keep away from your keyboard until you have calmed down is my advice, Thin Bloke.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

At least our results against ten men are holding up. I'm relieved we turned that around today. How did we play?
Eric Pollard
Brat

Post by Eric Pollard »

'9th or below' isn't a 'position' is it though?
What is you exact prediction of where we are going to finish?

What a great win today, made my evening.
Eric Pollard
Brat

Post by Eric Pollard »

Jimski wrote:Yeah, this bollocks about us being good at home is laid to rest now. Home record this season is: 4 3 4. Pretty terrible. And I don't care that Shrewsbury are top. I remember when we used to raise our game for the higher-placed teams at home. Remember even not that many years ago that injury time win against Port Vale when they were top (after they'd just equalised) - worrying that they now seem like the good old days.

I though we couldn't perform against top 6 sides. How come today happened ?
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

We were losing until they were down to ten men, or weren't you following the progress of the match? And this match wasn't at home. Home Park, yes, but not home. I understand the confusion. :-)

And I have to say I felt more relief than anything at the result. We were sitting just 3 points off 23rd in the "as it stands" table before the equaliser went in.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Eric Pollard wrote:'9th or below' isn't a 'position' is it though?

I thought you weren't allowed to comment on how we're doing if you weren't there? Or is that only if people want to question your blind faith? Anyway, I'll start another thread for Plymouth observations. But having watched today my best guess of where we'll finish is 15th. What's yours? My tenner's waiting...
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

Eric Pollard wrote:'9th or below' isn't a 'position' is it though?

No it may not be but whatever position I pick you will pick the one right next to it. You clearly don't think we're going to finish any higher than 9th which means you agree with me that this season is essentially a write off and we have gone backwards under MA.

I wouldn't say beating a team down to ten men for over half a match a great win but it's a welcome win especially after a poor first half.

Happy new year!
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

I wouldn't mind a mid table finish because I think we are slowly going in the right direction. Wilder left no legacy and had no long term strategy. We are playing youngsters and giving some entertainment and I think there is hope for the future though it's obviously slow and painful at the moment.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

Jimski wrote: And I have to say I felt more relief than anything at the result. We were sitting just 3 points off 23rd in the "as it stands" table before the equaliser went in.
Delight and relief. I hadn't seen that coming but the game changed on the sending-off and a manager who refused to make substitutions ( :arrow: a bug bear of mine). At 2.30pm I was starting to worry about our 25 points and league position but after those 3 points we can all start talking about promotion again :oops:

I have never been so happy to see an Oxford United side in 16th place and up next face basket case Cheltenham Town and a potential back to back win - 31 points by 4 January?
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Just listened to Paul Buckle after they lost 0-1 to Newport.

He says they were unlucky and are playing well.

He has placed Jason Taylor on the transfer list,
released ex-Slumdon winger Raffaele De Vita and Byron
Harrison has been made an outcast for not putting
In enough effort.

Defender Matt Taylor has pulled his hamstring too.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

I'll go first Eric.

8th - a near miss.

What do you say?
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

Yes I agree our traditional eighth spot