The 2011 Squeaky Bum Time thread

Anything yellow and blue
OUFanatic
Toddler

Post by OUFanatic »

Dont know if anyone else noticed but if Stevenage beat Burton tuesday they could go 4th!
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

There is still the possibility of a points deduction for when Torquay played Hereford in January with an inelegible player (and Hereford also fielded an inelegible player too).

Looking at the facts though: The game finished 2-2. The inelegible player for Torquay (Robertson) was a substitute and came on at 73 minutes.

So at best I think they might lose one point, or on the discretionary basis none at all.

Still, Port Vale are in disarray with problems with the owners, managers and even the fans booing Exodus.
bspittles
Brat

Re:

Post by bspittles »

&quotslappy&quot wrote: Still, Port Vale are in disarray with problems with the owners, managers and even the fans booing Exodus.
Vale sacked their manager today, after 74 days in charge :shock: They dropped out of the play-off zone for the first time this season after defeat at Accrington on Saturday.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: The 2011 Squeaky Bum Time thread

Post by SmileyMan »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:Stevenage (h)
Crewe (h)

If we want to be serious contenders, then these are two must-win home games. If we don't get six points against our near rivals, then the rest of the season is a write-off, so for the sake of argument I'm going to say we win both games. (total 6)
Despite the total inability of any team in L2 to manage any consistency, I think that the loss to Stevenage will make the difference in the end, sadly.
Burton (h)

Coming all thay way on a Sunday before work, to see your team get spanked by one at the other end of the table? No fans will fancy that, and the dispirited team will be a 3-point notch on the bedpost in time for roast dinner. (total 9)
LOL - nailed on!
Bury(a)

There's a good chance that they may have their season sorted by then, however there's also the chance that they really need a win from this fixture. Best bet is to play for the snore draw. (total 10)
Well, they've managed one point from the last three games, so &quotseason sorted&quot is definitely not the Bury mantra! Unfortunately, they'll really want to get three points against us, so there'll be no favours handed out on Saturday. I suppose we can take comfort from the fact that they've fallen apart. Thanks to the Stevenage loss, we really need to convert this into three points to keep the playoff hopes going.

Unfortunately, there's still 10 teams that can beat us no matter how well we play, and it's a lot to expect four of them to make a pigs ear of it.
bspittles
Brat

Post by bspittles »

Bury's manager is considering leaving in order to join Scunthorpe. I suppose that could have been upsetting the team over the past few games.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 437296.stm
Peterorange
Puberty

Post by Peterorange »

&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:
Unfortunately, there's still 10 teams that can beat us no matter how well we play, and it's a lot to expect four of them to make a pigs ear of it.
I wouldn't say a &quotpigs ear&quot. They just need to drop a few points, as everyone has been all season apart from Chesterfield. The good thing is we *may* have hit some form just in time for the run-in. Of the catchable teams above us only Stevenage look like they have found some form.
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

&quotPeterorange&quot wrote:
&quotSmileyMan&quot wrote:
I wouldn't say a &quotpigs ear&quot. They just need to drop a few points, as everyone has been all season apart from Chesterfield. The good thing is we *may* have hit some form just in time for the run-in. Of the catchable teams above us only Stevenage look like they have found some form.
What about Torquay - unbeaten in 5 and have won 3 of them, only a last minute goal stopped them winning again on Friday.

Seeing the chavs up in 4th and two points from a automatic spot is very annoying and to me shows what we should be achieving in our first season back.

A win at Bury will make things very interesting as it will take us to within 3 points of them, does anyone know if the game in hand most teams have are against another team in the top 9?
OUFanatic
Toddler

Post by OUFanatic »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... efault.stm

Heres the fixture list...........

Looks like we have a tougher run in than most?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

The Fat Lady has yet to sing.

Macc the knife? Hey, how about Mukendi denying Stanley (they do great knifes) two points tonight in the 94th minute and Torquay losing a point (subject to appeal).

Parking etc will be a ‘mare tomorrow, but the sun will shine and Oxford United are in the Last Chance Saloon, though not mathematically shot down dead if we go and lose.

C’mon...