Ethical dilemma : Slumdon or Franchise?

Anything yellow and blue

Who would you prefer to go up - Slumdon or Franchise?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:02 pm

Slumdon
64%
Franchise
36%

Total votes: 22

Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

&quotYF Dan&quot wrote: The grounds have been a mixture of good, bad and hilarious, much like Div 4. Only Tamworth, Gravesend and St Albans have been truly awful, but then so is gay Meadow, Moss Rose and Boston's ground (whose name temporarily escapes me).
I quite liked the Gravesend &amp Northfleet ground - massive (for this level) old style terracing behind the goal. the location of the ground though was truly dreadful - not a decent pub anywhere near.
Matt D
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Matt D »

&quotResurrection Ox&quot wrote: But Acc and OUFC is maybe pre-ordained as well.....
were that to be so, then not this season.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

&quotHog&quot wrote:Well, the majority of you got your wish. You must be very happy! :lol:
It's not done and dusted though, is it? I don't even mean that pedantically. The goal diffrences are only seven apart and if MK won two while Slumdon lost two that might very well be overhauled.

Neither of Slumdon's games is necessarily that easy, either - away to Bristol Rovers who are just outside the play-off and then home to Walsall, who may be playing for the title on the last day.
entirely disenchanted
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Yep, certainly not done and dusted - needs just a four goal switch on the final day now.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

Oh dear.

How sad.

Never mind.
entirely disenchanted
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

I feel sorry for all those die-hard, life-long MK Dons fans.

Oh, there aren't any.

How sad.

Never mind.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

I'm gutted about the MK Dons result (not).

Same for Nottingham Forest. Well, they are a really big club and so deserve to be up there and not humiliated by a small club like Yeovil (not).

I might even pop over to Wembely to watch the Division Three Final.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Baboo »

[quote=&quotSnake&quot]I'm gutted about the MK Dons result (not).

quote]

MARVELLOUS - BLOODY MARVELLOUS
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

Shame the dons didnt make it
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

...........well my money is on the Shrews, the Tangerines and the Baggies. Oh, and the Grecians.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

HEard a pretty nauseating interview with Winkleman on the radio earlier in the week - still has no shame about the whole thing...he's another one talking about Championship in five years....

Did worry at the time that for them to go up thru the playoffs would have actually meant more money for them, but hopefully another year in Division IV may take keep the income down...

//
The Baggies were the only one of the four I didnt want to win, as they've had their chance twice in recent years, so it would be nice for someone else to have a go. Good year to go up though, with Wigan and Fulham alreayd seeming destined for the drop....
boris
Grumpy old git

Post by boris »

dunno about who my money is on (cos I ain't the gambling type, normally), but my wish list is for Exeter, Shrewsbury, Yeovil, and Derby.

Exeter cos my mate supports them, I used to watch them when I lived in Devon, and I think they'll be a bigger threat next season than Morecambe.

Shrewsbury cos I hate Bristol Rovers and I think they deserve some good karma for beating Franchise.

Yeovil cos of Scott Guyett.

Derby cos they ain't West Brom.
Baboo
Grumpy old git

Post by Baboo »

Exeter - because if we have to play them bext season there will be a lot of off the field trouble.

Shrewsbury for doing the right thing to Winklemans W***ers. (Actually for that achievement alone they should be allowed to skip a division)

Yeovil - because it will prove that Conference clubs can make fairly rapid progress up the ladder.

Derby - becasue they have been out of the top flight longer than WBA. Less of the same old same old can only be a good thing.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Hog »

&quotboris&quot wrote: Exeter cos my mate supports them, I used to watch them when I lived in Devon, and I think they'll be a bigger threat next season than Morecambe.

They will be now!!!!!