New owners (at last)

Anything yellow and blue
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

New owners (at last)

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

Announced today, some 558 days (apparently) since we were told that a change was coming.

Thoughts? Sounds like there's money, experience and capacity to move forward on the #StadiumSituation, but I guess it'll be a while until the owners' wider intentions become clear.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: New owners (at last)

Post by Dr Bob »

One thing that caught my attention in one of the Oxford Mail pieces was the quote from Mr Bakrie, that "hopefully we’ll be in a different league by then", regarding the move to the new-new stadium. Whether this means that promotion this season is already being ruled out and that a longer timeframe is being put on this and expectations over KRs performance, I am not clear. BTW I assume Tiger is still on the Board?
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

I hope the club doesn’t find itself subject to rent again, when (if) there is a stadium move. It’s something that can’t easily be prevented.

The new owners seem to me at first glance to be more property developers and less football people.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

OtmoorYellow wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:18 pm I hope the club doesn’t find itself subject to rent again, when (if) there is a stadium move. It’s something that can’t easily be prevented.

The new owners seem to me at first glance to be more property developers and less football people.
Not sure that people involved in Milan for several years were doing so for a stadium move. But having people who have experience in developing sports stadia being involved at the club seems to me to a good move, alongside those with (fairly extensive and very high level) football experience. Or is this my yellow specs causing me problems?
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Dr Bob wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:29 pm
OtmoorYellow wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:18 pm I hope the club doesn’t find itself subject to rent again, when (if) there is a stadium move. It’s something that can’t easily be prevented.

Not sure that people involved in Milan for several years were doing so for a stadium move. But having people who have experience in developing sports stadia being involved at the club seems to me to a good move, alongside those with (fairly extensive and very high level) football experience. Or is this my yellow specs causing me problems?
You’re probably right, and I hope so.
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

OtmoorYellow wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:18 pm I hope the club doesn’t find itself subject to rent again, when (if) there is a stadium move.
This is the big priority for me as well. Otherwise we'll have just moved to a nicer (and likely more expensive) rental property but will still have almost zero assets of our own. I'd like to see OxVox be more vocal on this point as it really is critical.