Accrington Stanley

Anything yellow and blue
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Accrington Stanley

Post by Sideshow Rob »

Stanley are flirting with non-league status again. Their form has been poor recently and if they fail to beat fellow strugglers Maaclesfiled at home on Saturday they will be in real trouble. Their last game is a difficult away trip to Milton Keynes so they will want be safe by then or their destiny might be to swap league status with Oxford United for a third time (yes, I know they are a different club from the one in 1962 and they really replaced Rushden last time).
Mark G
Puberty

Post by Mark G »

I would prefer to see Boston join Torquay in getting relegated.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

You have to keep calm on the last day, says an unlikely source.
entirely disenchanted
Hoarse
Baby

Post by Hoarse »

what would happen if Boston were mathematically safe but then went bust (as unfortunately for their fans seems likely)?

would the bottom two still go down and three come up from the conference? or only Torquay and Boston go down from league 2?
SteMerritt
Puberty

Post by SteMerritt »

I should think the second of your scenarios would be most likely.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Post by Mally »

Most likely scenario in that event is that one less team would be relegated from the Conference to take Boston's place.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

From what has been said by Boston, it seems like they are waiting for the season to finish before entering into a CVA so the 10-point deduction will come next season rather than this. Which rather begs the question, does that not mean that they are currently trading insolvently?

There is a post on the ConfGuide forum with a list of Boston's creditors - totals a smidge over £3m. http://www.confguide.com/cboard.mpl?id=726982
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

when does a season offically end? is it after the said club has played their final game? or after the league in questions play off final? or after the community shield has been played?
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Player contracts tend to run until the last day in June, do they not? So perhaps that is the official definition of season's end.
Pe├▒a Oxford United
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Pe├▒a Oxford United »

Season's end is n.
entirely disenchanted
Mark G
Puberty

Post by Mark G »

I thought, although could be wrong, that things can in theory change up to the league meeting/agm in early June.

Although saying that and contradicting myself didn't Crawley (obviously different league) go into administration after the league end but before the Conference AGM and they got the points deduction this season?

On a related point, have no sympathy for Rotherham after their Chairman &amp Mark Robins (manager) moaning about the 10 point deduction just after they relegated claiming it was unfair.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Sideshow Rob »

Talking of dirty cheating bastards, I have heard nothing recently about Slumdon Town needing to pay back £1m in tax. Wasn't the deadline the end of this season or the summer? Will they start next season with a 10 point deduction, I wonder?
Mark G
Puberty

Re:

Post by Mark G »

&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:Talking of dirty cheating bastards, I have heard nothing recently about Slumdon Town needing to pay back £1m in tax. Wasn't the deadline the end of this season or the summer? Will they start next season with a 10 point deduction, I wonder?
End of May I think the deadline is meant to be but apparently they are trying to re-negotiate the repayment. Also, they can't go into Administration again (and get the 10 pts deduction) as the FL under its rules has to chuck them out as they have been in Administration twice already.
Sideshow Rob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re:

Post by Sideshow Rob »

&quotMark G&quot wrote:
&quotSideshow Rob&quot wrote:Talking of dirty cheating bastards, I have heard nothing recently about Slumdon Town needing to pay back £1m in tax. Wasn't the deadline the end of this season or the summer? Will they start next season with a 10 point deduction, I wonder?
End of May I think the deadline is meant to be but apparently they are trying to re-negotiate the repayment. Also, they can't go into Administration again (and get the 10 pts deduction) as the FL under its rules has to chuck them out as they have been in Administration twice already.
I heard somewhere the the consequences would be more severe because it would be their second spell in administration.