Play up Pompey

Anything yellow and blue
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re: Play up Pompey

Post by Radley Rambler »

slappy wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:53 pm
recordmeister wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:26 pm Id always want the majority of home matches to be full of as many home supporters as possible. And as an away fan, I’d expect that too.

I’m also not sure how much financial benefit there is to the club of supporters of any denomination spending money in and around the Kassam...
It was one of the things mentioned when asked why the club doesn't run ticket promotions to get more fans in. Apart from ticket income the club doesn't really benefit financially from fans on match days to subsidise cheap tickets.
Sounds like a lazy excuse to me. 'Apart from ticket income' - well that is the main income! If more fans come even on a discount, it should at the worst net out on the day and you might attract some of them back. If a discount voucher for the club shop is also included, merchandise sales are also possible.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

recordmeister wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:53 am Yeah... well I personally wished there had been fewer Orient fans at the home game in 2005/6.

So long as we sell out to home fans, I couldn’t give a flying firoz about away fans. Give ‘em the minimum allocation, always.
But we’re not selling out to home fans are we? In fact we’re averaging about the same as our first season in the Conference, and well below our first season back in L2. Pretty poor given how well we’ve been playing, not to mention the results. Not surprising the owners seem frustrated at the low crowds. Hopefully we can sustain our current form and people will come flocking back. Would be good if another generation of ‘Ultras’ or similar came through too - the atmosphere has been somewhat lacking since they packed up. And I’m not convinced the new mural is going to replace it particularly well...
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Anybody got any theory why crowds are so low this season? Oxford are being noticed this season. People at work who don't support them are talking about them, which you'd think would translate to irregular supporters being more interested in seeing them.
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

The home end is thinly populated and quiet. Maybe the noisy young men that essential for atmosphere have been discouraged.

I think the east stand should be pay on the gate, sit where you want
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Geoff »

I was surprised to see so many Pompey fans leave before the end. They were still winning at that point and they haven't won enough games to be blase surely.