Ticket Master.....Hopeless!

Anything yellow and blue
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Ticket Master.....Hopeless!

Post by Roo »

Does anyone have an email address for Ticket Master customer service please?

They are responsible for handling Club ticket sales, but the facility has been unavailable from the Covered Market shop since April, because Ticket Master can no longer make it work!

The Club have been in constant contact with Ticket Master but, according to staff, can't get anywhere with them.

This must be costing the Club revenue due to lost ticket sales. There are constantly Overseas Students and visitors being turned away......

The Club can ill afford to lose this revenue through (this time!) no fault of their own.
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Re: Ticket Master.....Hopeless!

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

That's very poor.

I do know the club had an issue with the new membership system which has not been resolved by Ticketmaster. Basically, if you want to book an Adult and Child seat next to each other online in the Family Stand, you can - but you can't do it with an Adult Member and an Ox4Life Child Member because Ticketmaster haven't configured the system to recognise the memberships (so you get an error message telling you a Child seat has to be accompanied by an Adult, even though that's literally what you're trying to do). I just rang the ticket office who were able to sell me what I needed over the 'phone, but it was the first they'd heard of the problem. They've informed Ticketmaster but the problem's not been resolved.

Poor show from Ticketmaster. I guess we're probably small-fry to them, but if they can't provide the service then the club should void the contract and look elsewhere.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

Precisely. The size of the 'Fry' should have no bearing on the service level. Clearly they can provide the service, but won't.

Hopeless.....
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Relatively minor quibble, but TicketMaster (music) can remember credit card details, whereas TicketMaster (OUFC) can't. It's annoying having to enter the card details each time I want to buy an away ticket.
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

I wonder if this is related to the problem on the ticketing site, where you can’t buy a season ticket for several areas of the ground, including SSU anywhere in the east half, nor anywhere in the north stand, nor SSL anywhere in the west half.

This can’t be good for the club.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Kairdiff Exile wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:38 pm I do know the club had an issue with the new membership system which has not been resolved by Ticketmaster. Basically, if you want to book an Adult and Child seat next to each other online in the Family Stand, you can - but you can't do it with an Adult Member and an Ox4Life Child Member because Ticketmaster haven't configured the system to recognise the memberships (so you get an error message telling you a Child seat has to be accompanied by an Adult, even though that's literally what you're trying to do). I just rang the ticket office who were able to sell me what I needed over the 'phone, but it was the first they'd heard of the problem. They've informed Ticketmaster but the problem's not been resolved.
You've never been able to 'buy' the free under 7 tickets in the family stand online, even with an accompanying adult ticket. I always had to phone up for those even before the OX4Life memberships came into being. The ticket office knew this was the case, but couldn't explain why.

Last season I was able to buy OX4Life (older) child member tickets online, though I think you have to allocate each ticket to the correct membership (which means you have to have an email login for the child memberships to change the settings to allow another member - ie you - to buy and allocate tickets for the account. Or something.)

Haven't tried this season yet - indeed I'm about to try and renew the various memberships online now. Let's see how that goes...
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Kernow Yellow wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:31 pm I'm about to try and renew the various memberships online now. Let's see how that goes...
Well there was no renewal option, but I bought new memberships and allocated them to the relevant accounts painlessly enough. Picked up some Bristol Rovers tickets too - was surprised to find seat tickets still available given how few they give Us...
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

KY, this was for an over-7 ticket.