M Brown Esq

Anything yellow and blue
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

M Brown Esq

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Was apparently see at the stadium last night having been told he is not in West Ham 1st XI plans at present.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: M Brown Esq

Post by Boogie »

If that is M Browne Esq ;-) you are referring to then I feel he could be converted into a central striker.

I don’t think that M Brown Esq was ever in West Ham’s plans :lol:
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

I note in the Oxford Mail the following quotes from our manager on the subject:
[O]ne player closer to home has suddenly emerged, with Marcus Browne watching on from the stands at the Kassam Stadium last night... Robinson made it clear before the end of the campaign he would love to bring him back from West Ham... He said: “I’d love him, there’s no getting away from the fact that if he’s available, we’ll pay money for him. The chairman has openly said to me ‘whatever it costs, we’ll buy him’.
I can only hope that neither Mr Robinson nor Mr Thanakarnjanasuth are allowed anywhere near the Brexit negotiations if that's the quality of their opening salvo. "Name your price boys, we'll pay it!"

:roll:
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Boogie wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:27 am If that is M Browne Esq ;-) you are referring to then I feel he could be converted into a central striker.

I don’t think that M Brown Esq was ever in West Ham’s plans :lol:
I'm delighted to know that this forum has kept its traditional pedantic intentions. :lol:
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Just to dampen things down a bit, someone on social media did say he was just catching up with old team-mates at a pre-season friendly.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

Or maybe he is in Fulham's sights...? And had an opportunity to watch them AND catch up with former teammates. But if he is coming back - so long as we do not break the bank - then great.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Poised to sign for Middlesbrough, reportedly.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

Kairdiff Exile wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:10 am I note in the Oxford Mail the following quotes from our manager on the subject:
[O]ne player closer to home has suddenly emerged, with Marcus Browne watching on from the stands at the Kassam Stadium last night... Robinson made it clear before the end of the campaign he would love to bring him back from West Ham... He said: “I’d love him, there’s no getting away from the fact that if he’s available, we’ll pay money for him. The chairman has openly said to me ‘whatever it costs, we’ll buy him’.
I can only hope that neither Mr Robinson nor Mr Thanakarnjanasuth are allowed anywhere near the Brexit negotiations if that's the quality of their opening salvo. "Name your price boys, we'll pay it!"

:roll:
Well it clearly wasn’t enough! What a stupid statement to publicly make especially if you can’t then back it up. I am now very worried about the CB and striker positions, I only hope there’s some positive news soon.