Summer transfers 2019

Anything yellow and blue
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Summer transfers 2019

Post by Boogie »

At last more activity.

DM Alex Gorrin. Key position filled. Covers a lot of ground but from his record does not appear to chip in with goals.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Wonder if that means we've given up on signing Kashi?
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

Jimski wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:17 pm Wonder if that means we've given up on signing Kashi?
Yes, I'd say so - youngster who's keen and vfm vs bit of a journeyman who'd want a big wedge.
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Kairdiff Exile wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:59 pm Rob Hall has signed a further one-year deal, presumably on a lower wage. Smart business if it's dependent on appearances.
I think it is a pay to play deal, so the club will be protected in the event of further injuries.
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Radley Rambler wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:53 pm
Kairdiff Exile wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:03 pm
Dr Bob wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:53 pm Reports have emerged today about a £2m bid from Nottingham Forest for Gavin Whyte. The report comes from the Belfast Telegraph. As far as I can tell, for now the Nottingham Post is repeating what the Telegraph has reported, rather than having any inside information from The City Ground.
£2million seems low, but I expect him to be sold either in this transfer window or the next given how well he’s done and his potential to improve yet further at a higher level.

The sale price will tel us something significant though. Where Eales was shrewd was to ensure we had enough working capital that we could sell in our own time and at top dollar. If we sell at £2m, it’ll be a further indication that Sumrith Thanakarnjamasuth doesn’t have a pot to piss in.
£2m is not imho a low bid for a player with one senior season under his belt who (if we're honest and Shrewsbury aside) has not regularly found the net and does miss a fair few chances. If we got £2m and a weighty sell-on clause, it might not be the worst deal. Also very hard to stand in a player's way if he's got the lure of Championship football at a large club who would undoubtably be increasing his wages very significantly. That said, we must have 2 years left in terms of his contract and so we could play hardball on the fee.

I'm a great fan of Whyte's and would hate to see him go but the above scenario is not unrealistic.
I agree with KE, £2m is too low. With his regular spot at international level as well, that figure needs to be doubled.
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Radley Rambler wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:11 pm
Dr Bob wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:10 am Meanwhile, and possibly entirely coincidentally, we are looking at an attacking winger...
https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/excl ... on-winger/
Given his 17/18 record - looks to be a viable prospect. His previous relationship with KR might also have a bearing on this one....
Agreed. That he wasn’t first choice in the promoted team, isn’t a big issue in my view. Defo looks one to take on and develop.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Fosu and Hall wide with Whyte as the No 10?

Need a CB and a striker though shortly...
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

Boogie wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:28 pm Fosu and Hall wide with Whyte as the No 10?

Need a CB and a striker though shortly...
I'd prefer Fosu and Whyte wide with Hall as the number 10.

Mind you they could chop and change during the match to fox the opposition.
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

In the weirdest move of the summer so far, we've received a fee (albeit undisclosed) for Tsun Dai, who's gone off to join Wolves. I don't know what's weirder - the fact that he's signed for a Premiership side, or that they felt they needed to pay to take him off our hands! One to file with Ivo Pekalski as peculiar signings who never turned out in a senior game for the Us. In the case of Tsun Dai, something decidedly fishy going on with his career if he can underwhelm at our level for both Bury and OUFC yet still get a move two divisions higher!
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

I guess Wolves can afford to keep him in the reserves for a couple of years to see if he turns out good. Maybe they’ll loan him back to us!
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

PR / marketing angle - Wolves going to China?
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

So Luke Garbutt will not now be joining us:
https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/oxfo ... town-loan/

To be honest, given his upturn in form towards the end of the season and the wages he is purported to be on, I always thought it likely that someone would come in for him who could afford to take on a larger percentage of his wages than us - to Everton's obvious advantage. And given KRs continued interest in signing wingers, perhaps he too was aware that this move was becoming increasingly likely.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

Just wondering if I was the only person starting to get rather twitchy at the lack of new arrivals (not that I am suggesting we should have overpaid for Stuart Findlay). Anybody got any words of comfort and reassurance?
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Supposedly Chris Cadden was seen in the crowd at the QPR game - no idea of the veracity of this.