LEAGUE ONE 2019-2020

Anything yellow and blue
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

LEAGUE ONE 2019-2020

Post by OUFC4eva »

NORTH WEST:

Accrington Stanley , Blackpool, Bolton Wanderers, Bury, Fleetwood Town, Rochdale, Tranmere Rovers

NORTH EAST:

Sunderland

WEST MIDLANDS:

Coventry City, Shrewsbury Town

EAST MIDLANDS & ANGLIA

Burton Albion, Ipswich Town, Lincoln City , Peterborough United

YORKSHIRE:

Doncaster Rovers, Rotherham United

LONDON & SOUTH EAST:

AFC Wimbledon, Gillingham, Milton Keynes Dons, Oxford United, Southend United, Wycombe Wanderers

SOUTH:

Portsmouth

WEST:

Bristol Rovers
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Re: LEAGUE ONE 2019-2020

Post by Werthers Original »

I reckon we can stay up! Wycombe Accrington Bury and maybe Rochdale could struggle
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

Werthers Original wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:04 pm I reckon we can stay up! Wycombe Accrington Bury and maybe Rochdale could struggle
And we're already 12 points ahead of Bolton.

Reading the Sunderland forum today, some of them have already declared that they'll have no problem getting automatic promotion next year. Smashing.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

OUFC4eva wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:00 am NORTH WEST:

Accrington Stanley , Blackpool, Bolton Wanderers, Bury, Fleetwood Town, Rochdale, Tranmere Rovers

NORTH EAST:

Sunderland

WEST MIDLANDS:

Coventry City, Shrewsbury Town

EAST MIDLANDS & ANGLIA

Burton Albion, Ipswich Town, Lincoln City , Peterborough United

YORKSHIRE:

Doncaster Rovers, Rotherham United

LONDON & SOUTH EAST:

AFC Wimbledon, Gillingham, Milton Keynes Dons, Oxford United, Southend United, Wycombe Wanderers

SOUTH:

Portsmouth

WEST:

Bristol Rovers
Well that makes pretty unpleasant reading as a resident of Cornwall! Still four clubs (and five grounds) I've not visited in this league, and all of them north of Manchester...
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Bolton is the only ground I'm missing in that lot, so I'll be visiting them this season.

Hopefully, we'll get a couple of new grounds in the cups.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I think I'm only missing Ipswich. That big group of North West teams is a bit depressing as in the last year or two, Virgin Trains seem to have reduced the number of advance tickets on the West coast line so it ends up around £100.
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

slappy wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:32 pm I think I'm only missing Ipswich. That big group of North West teams is a bit depressing as in the last year or two, Virgin Trains seem to have reduced the number of advance tickets on the West coast line so it ends up around £100.
Plus the endless, endless roadworks on the M5/M6 have made it a bugger of a drive!

Ipswich away (and possibly Lincoln) holds the greatest appeal for me. An absolute mission from South Wales, but I'm sick of the same old grounds. If I go to the Cherry Red Records Stadium, Jack Goodchild Way, Kingsmeadow again, I'll go mad. Can't wait for them to move ground! And all the easy-to-reach ones for me (Roverzzz, Shrewsbury, &c) have already been ticked off the list.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Been to Portman Road a few times and only seen defeats !

1-2 in 1984, 2-3 in 1986, 0-1 in 1990 and 1-2 in 1991. In fact 8 defeats out of ten games in Suffolk for the U’s.

Portman is a much changed stadium these days with two newly built ends.

Fixtures out on June 20th.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

Although it is unlikely to be a new ground for many (even I have been there), I hear that Coventry City are in 'advanced talks' with Birmingham City to ground-share for next season. This person suggested that Cov fans will be even less impressed with this idea second time around. If this happens, it sounds like they will out-do Baku for lack of atmosphere.
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Dr Bob wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:40 am Although it is unlikely to be a new ground for many (even I have been there), I hear that Coventry City are in 'advanced talks' with Birmingham City to ground-share for next season. This person suggested that Cov fans will be even less impressed with this idea second time around. If this happens, it sounds like they will out-do Baku for lack of atmosphere.
I think this may be a negotiating tactic for getting a better deal on the Ricoh.

Whatever happened to the staying within own conurbation rules?
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

OtmoorYellow wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:10 pm
Dr Bob wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:40 am Although it is unlikely to be a new ground for many (even I have been there), I hear that Coventry City are in 'advanced talks' with Birmingham City to ground-share for next season. This person suggested that Cov fans will be even less impressed with this idea second time around. If this happens, it sounds like they will out-do Baku for lack of atmosphere.
I think this may be a negotiating tactic for getting a better deal on the Ricoh.

On the second point - you are talking about the football 'authorities' here...! On the first, because SISU are persisting with legal action, Wasps have pulled out of talks. Well, that was my information.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Accrington is the only* one I've not been to - was going to go this time, but their presence in the fourth round of the FA Cup put paid to that. (As it did with Wigan the previous season - it's like a conspiracy!)

* Not counting Franchise, obviously!
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Dr Bob wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:59 pm

On the second point - you are talking about the football 'authorities' here...! On the first, because SISU are persisting with legal action, Wasps have pulled out of talks. Well, that was my information.
Sounds like you're more up to date than me.

After the Franchise debacle, I thought the conurbation rules had been tightened up. Maybe they've been relaxed again. Whatever, it isn't good enough to allow a club to play significantly away from it's natural supporter base.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

OtmoorYellow wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:02 pm
Dr Bob wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:59 pm

Sounds like you're more up to date than me.

After the Franchise debacle, I thought the conurbation rules had been tightened up. Maybe they've been relaxed again. Whatever, it isn't good enough to allow a club to play significantly away from it's natural supporter base.
Genuine question - what would the rules be wrt Didcot or Bicester for OUFC - would this be allowed under the current regulations?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Radley Rambler wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:48 am Genuine question - what would the rules be wrt Didcot or Bicester for OUFC - would this be allowed under the current regulations?
I bloody hope not!