Tiger's Visit

Anything yellow and blue
Roo
Mid-life Crisis
Posts: 729
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:16 pm

Tiger's Visit

Post by Roo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:02 pm

I spotted Tiger in the Clubshop in The Covered Market this morning, along with Matt Everett and Lee Barton from the commercial department. He'd landed in the U.K. this morning and took time to visit the shop.

slappy
Grumpy old git
Posts: 2463
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:52 pm

Re: Tiger's Visit

Post by slappy » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:43 pm

From his update on 25 March - picked up by the other side.
"I do not want mixed messages in this. We are not clear from danger and there will be many ups and downs between now and May, on and off the pitch. We are not celebrating or about to ease up, we will continue to work very hard and we will continue to do things with just one aim: a successful football club, all the way through."

Ok these notes are presumably mostly ghost written, but what ups and downs will there be "off the pitch" between now and May?

The football club accounts have been filed but aren't yet ready to view - something in there perhaps?

slappy
Grumpy old git
Posts: 2463
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:52 pm

Re: Tiger's Visit

Post by slappy » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:41 pm

I suppose at some point there will be season ticket renewals to start thinking about as well.

Roo
Mid-life Crisis
Posts: 729
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:16 pm

Re: Tiger's Visit

Post by Roo » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:53 am

I've just heard from a member of staff at the club, that they haven't been paid today, as they were supposed to be. Apparently this has happened once before, when the last day of the month also fell on a weekend. On that occasion a manual payment was processsed and they were paid later in the day.

I don't know if the same thing happened to the players, but it seems odd that payment would arrive for one group of staff but not for another?


I imagine Tiger might be bumping into some unhappy faces around the Club Offices this morning!


Maybe he blew the budget on a First Class airline ticket....?

tomoufc
Dashing young thing
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:56 pm

Re: Tiger's Visit

Post by tomoufc » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:03 pm

Roo wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:53 am
I've just heard from a member of staff at the club, that they haven't been paid today, as they were supposed to be. Apparently this has happened once before, when the last day of the month also fell on a weekend. On that occasion a manual payment was processsed and they were paid later in the day.

I don't know if the same thing happened to the players, but it seems odd that payment would arrive for one group of staff but not for another?


I imagine Tiger might be bumping into some unhappy faces around the Club Offices this morning!


Maybe he blew the budget on a First Class airline ticket....?
I know I would say this, but if true, then that's disgusting. Late payments are one thing if you're a millionaire property developer like Kassam, but for staff at OUFC it could be the difference between missing a credit card payment, and generating a worse credit rating, or being fined by your bank for unauthorised borrowing.
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot

slappy
Grumpy old git
Posts: 2463
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:52 pm

Re: Tiger's Visit

Post by slappy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:08 pm

Perhaps also worrying is that in the year to June 2018 the club lost £2million, a year when Johnson and Lundstram were reportedly sold for some £3.5million (before sell-ons to their previous clubs). There is less detail in the accounts this year so it's hard to work out how we lost so much.

tomoufc
Dashing young thing
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:56 pm

Re: Tiger's Visit

Post by tomoufc » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:57 pm

slappy wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:08 pm
Perhaps also worrying is that in the year to June 2018 the club lost £2million, a year when Johnson and Lundstram were reportedly sold for some £3.5million (before sell-ons to their previous clubs). There is less detail in the accounts this year so it's hard to work out how we lost so much.
How does that compare to previous years? What's the trend?
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot

slappy
Grumpy old git
Posts: 2463
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:52 pm

Re: Tiger's Visit

Post by slappy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:46 pm

losses by financial year to June
2005 69,000
2006 -560,069
2007 -653,830
2008 -870,582
2009 -887,870
2010 403,119
2011 -295,934
2012 -1,177,470
2013 -1,132,990
2014 -1,449,359
2015 -2,493,716
2016 -1,870,304
2017 649,984
2018 -2,156,153

Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis
Posts: 925
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 3:17 pm

Re: Tiger's Visit

Post by Myles Francis » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:49 pm

slappy wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:08 pm
Perhaps also worrying is that in the year to June 2018 the club lost £2million, a year when Johnson and Lundstram were reportedly sold for some £3.5million (before sell-ons to their previous clubs). There is less detail in the accounts this year so it's hard to work out how we lost so much.
Because that money went into DE's pocket rather than the club's?

I haven't looked in detail yet, but I'm particularly concerned when we also had a £2m equity injection from Tiger when he took over. Does this mean the loss would actually have been £4.1m?

slappy
Grumpy old git
Posts: 2463
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:52 pm

Re: Tiger's Visit

Post by slappy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:48 pm

It’s not where the cash ended up , but how a season when there were player sales of 3.5 estimate still ended with a loss of 2.

Perhaps I’ve got my dates wrong and Johnson and Lundstram were sold the year before?

Or maybe Eales took money out as an expense ?

TT any ideas ?

Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis
Posts: 925
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 3:17 pm

Re: Tiger's Visit

Post by Myles Francis » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:41 am

I think Johnson and Lundstram were sold the year before, as both of those are mentioned in DE's charge over the club.

Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis
Posts: 925
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 3:17 pm

Re: Tiger's Visit

Post by Myles Francis » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:44 am

Roo wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:53 am
I've just heard from a member of staff at the club, that they haven't been paid today, as they were supposed to be. Apparently this has happened once before, when the last day of the month also fell on a weekend. On that occasion a manual payment was processsed and they were paid later in the day.

I don't know if the same thing happened to the players, but it seems odd that payment would arrive for one group of staff but not for another?


I imagine Tiger might be bumping into some unhappy faces around the Club Offices this morning!


Maybe he blew the budget on a First Class airline ticket....?
Also heard that the rent has not been paid and is around a week late so far. Latest tranche of the payments to settle arbitration are due on Monday, and Lord knows what the position with HMRC is at the moment.....

Roo
Mid-life Crisis
Posts: 729
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:16 pm

Re: Tiger's Visit

Post by Roo » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:58 am

UPDATE.....

I have it in good authority (from someone that should’ve been paid!) that the staff still haven’t been paid.... and nor have the players!

OtmoorYellow
Puberty
Posts: 305
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:35 pm

Re: Tiger's Visit

Post by OtmoorYellow » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:25 pm

Myles Francis wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:49 pm
slappy wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:08 pm
Perhaps also worrying is that in the year to June 2018 the club lost £2million, a year when Johnson and Lundstram were reportedly sold for some £3.5million (before sell-ons to their previous clubs). There is less detail in the accounts this year so it's hard to work out how we lost so much.
Because that money went into DE's pocket rather than the club's?

I haven't looked in detail yet, but I'm particularly concerned when we also had a £2m equity injection from Tiger when he took over. Does this mean the loss would actually have been £4.1m?
No it doesn't mean that (unless for some bizarre reason Tiger paid the money in as a donation). Cash and profit are very different things.

OtmoorYellow
Puberty
Posts: 305
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:35 pm

Re: Tiger's Visit

Post by OtmoorYellow » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:27 pm

slappy wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:48 pm
It’s not where the cash ended up , but how a season when there were player sales of 3.5 estimate still ended with a loss of 2.

Perhaps I’ve got my dates wrong and Johnson and Lundstram were sold the year before?

Or maybe Eales took money out as an expense ?

TT any ideas ?
I did check tail end of last week, but they weren't available for public consumption, but presumably they are now so I'll have a look.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests