You're winding me up!

Anything yellow and blue
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

You're winding me up!

Post by recordmeister »

So, again. Bad accounting / mismanagement at the club or is something up...?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re: You're winding me up!

Post by Kernow Yellow »

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde, one winding-up order might be regarded as carelessness, but two (in the space of six months) becomes a rather different kettle of fish.

The first was blamed on the ownership transition (ie Eales didn't sort it out) but this one must be entirely of Tiger's own making. I know that clubs like Southend have had several over the last few years, but it's not a great look for a club seeking to harness the 'prestige' Oxford brand with high-profile investment imo
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

Quite! Apparently Thohir's arrival was known about back in the Spring:
https://www.witneygazette.co.uk/sport/1 ... -robinson/

Just a thought - is the latest HMRC winding up order a sign that actually, behind the scenes, Tiger is not the one with the cash? Might the bill have been unpaid whilst someone with serious money (Thohir) was brought in - a process that took longer than expected?
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

The winding up petition has now been published in the Gazette. Shit just got real.
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Myles Francis wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:42 am The winding up petition has now been published in the Gazette. Shit just got real.
That's really not very clever, allowing the club to get this close to insolvency.

Hearing is set for 19 December.

The unpaid tax is not, and never has been, the club's money, so there is no valid excuse.

I've long been concerned that Tiger doesn't have two halfpennies to rub together.

The OxVox letter shows just how concerned they are too. Time for OxVox to stand strong and tall.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

OtmoorYellow wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:53 pm
Myles Francis wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:42 am The winding up petition has now been published in the Gazette. Shit just got real.
That's really not very clever, allowing the club to get this close to insolvency.

Hearing is set for 19 December.

The unpaid tax is not, and never has been, the club's money, so there is no valid excuse.

I've long been concerned that Tiger doesn't have two halfpennies to rub together.

The OxVox letter shows just how concerned they are too. Time for OxVox to stand strong and tall.
The Oxvox letter is well drafted and asks valid, reasonable questions. The tone of it demonstrates that there is some frustration with a lack of communication from the Chairman towards them. It's all well and good to say at Fans Fora that good times are ahead and to quote KR - 'you should all be very excited at what is planned for your club' but when you get an HRMC winding up petition, that doesn't instil confidence in these statements......

Time for Tiger to provide a clear and unequivocal statement on why this HMRC issue has occured and more importantly to answer the questions that Oxvox have posed.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

It is, frankly, completely bizarre that we cannot pay our bills when such ridiculously high net worth individuals have joined our board in the last 6 months. If they're not going to contribute to the financing of the club, they need to come out and explain just what the fuck they're doing here.

Also, why appoint such a high-calibre Finance Director (who can't come cheap) if you're not going to give him the tools to do the job?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

***Conspiracy alert***

haven't seen this anywhere else but ... could Tiger now be in cahoots with YKW and will wind up the club and thus negate the need for the stadium in exchange for a cut of the subsequent development deal?

Surprised no-one on the other side has come up with this yet!
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Hog wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:49 pm ***Conspiracy alert***

haven't seen this anywhere else but ... could Tiger now be in cahoots with YKW and will wind up the club and thus negate the need for the stadium in exchange for a cut of the subsequent development deal?

Don't even joke about it!

A N Other conspiracy:

Tiger leaving Reading and joining Oxford was a plan by our rivals to eliminate the club hence coming good on their promise "We'll never play you again"
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

OtmoorYellow wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:33 pm
Hog wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:49 pm ***Conspiracy alert***

Don't even joke about it!

A N Other conspiracy:

Tiger leaving Reading and joining Oxford was a plan by our rivals to eliminate the club
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

So, to quote Brenda from Bristol, “what, another one...?”

What the actual fuck is going on at our football club? And is our owner less of a Tiger, and more of a snake oil salesman...?
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

This really is a disgraceful state of affairs.

To make the mistake once was bad enough. The second time was shameful. To get in the same position again for a 3rd time in a year, and 2nd month in a row, after the assurances that were given, is totally unacceptable.

Is it any wonder that we have underperforming players, if they have concerns over the club's finances and potential risks to their pay?

There is no valid excuse for this.

What is the point of Tiger? What is the point of the other very wealthy board members?

OxVox need to step up big time here.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Dr Bob »

We never get to know directly what goes on behind the scenes, but for this to happen three times now - and for the second and third times to come so close together - is an irrefutable sign that we are in deep doo doo as a club, with a bunch of charlatans in charge.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

Surely this shows Tiger not to be a ‘fit and proper’ owner?! Can the FA do anything about this, given they must have deemed him ‘fit and proper’ in the first instance?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

recordmeister wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:57 pm Surely this shows Tiger not to be a ‘fit and proper’ owner?! Can the FA do anything about this, given they must have deemed him ‘fit and proper’ in the first instance?
While I despair of everything that's going on at OUFC, and distrust Tiger and his odd assortment of seemingly short-armed, long-pocketed directors, I think it's a bit of an overreaction to say that any of this proves he is not a 'fit and proper person'. Being late to pay HMRC and failing to communicate with fans are hardly matters for the Serious Fraud Office

Besides, you'd probably have to murder someone on the pitch to fail the FA's 'fit and proper' test. And Shaun Harvey introduced Tiger to OUFC in the first place iirc!*

None of which is to detract from the frustrations we all feel, and I am glad OxVox are quickly expressing their concerns:
https://www.thisisoxfordshire.co.uk/new ... -of-shame/

*Yes I know the FA and the EFL are different things, but still...