Just how desperate for a striker are we???

Anything yellow and blue
Steppers
Brat

Just how desperate for a striker are we???

Post by Steppers »

https://t.co/qPAoKdv3xT?ssr=true

I previously wouldn’t have gone anywhere near but we don’t appear to have anyone that can score/win headers/hold up the ball in that position at the moment.
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Just how desperate for a striker are we???

Post by Dr Bob »

"Ranger has not kicked a ball in nine months and is currently nursing a knee injury"
So, perfect for us then.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

We will never be that desperate
Steppers
Brat

Post by Steppers »

Ah missed the injured bit

Not sure I can cope with watching beeks till Jan
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

Steppers wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:36 pm https://t.co/qPAoKdv3xT?ssr=true

I previously wouldn’t have gone anywhere near but we don’t appear to have anyone that can score/win headers/hold up the ball in that position at the moment.
What an utterly odious individual.
Nowhere near my club, under any circumstances, whatsoever, at all.
Steppers
Brat

Post by Steppers »

Now training with us according to the DailyFail
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Genuinely shocked by this poll thus far ...

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/1722 ... ited-boss/

62% of over 1100 votes in favour of signing him! (You may need to vote to see the running total)
Steppers
Brat

Post by Steppers »

Well I have voted no twice.

At this stage I would rather see Bradbury given a chance
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

Running total still at 62% in favour but how many of those are Slumdon fans or fans of other clubs who would think it funny/disruptive - that's the problem with a Newspaper poll.

More interesting and I suspect accurately from a real OUFC fan's point of view is the poll on YellowsForum which shows 74% against. That is where Mr Robinson (or someone at the club) should gage the fans' opinion from.
Steppers
Brat

Post by Steppers »

The problem is YellowForum has its fair share of nutters and duplicate profiles.

It’s KR’s decision, and whilst I appreciate 2nd chances etc etc we shouldn’t be in this position. He will improve us I expect but he’s no world beater. (Poss bad choice of words!)

the polls on YF only have approx 200 votes and OM 1100 so not exactly a poll of the fan base anyway.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Steppers wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:39 pm
the polls on YF only have approx 200 votes and OM 1100 so not exactly a poll of the fan base anyway.
I guess you could say the same about Brexit ...
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Radley Rambler wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:28 pm Running total still at 62% in favour but how many of those are Slumdon fans or fans of other clubs who would think it funny/disruptive - that's the problem with a Newspaper poll.

With over 2000 votes (63/37) thus far there is definitely mischief being made but I'll wager Ancient Colin's famous 50p that Gobbo will use it to justify the signing!
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

IF...... and it's a big IF, we can ignore his past and offer him a future, the most important thing is his role in the team.

He has a goal scoring record of 26 in 160 games, including substitute appearances, (albeit with a lot of games at a higher level) how does this help solve our eyewateringly obvious goal scoring problem?

He's not suitable for our team, for this reason alone.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Roo wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:56 am He has a goal scoring record of 26 in 160 games,
Before he signed for them down the road, I saw him described as "a striker with more career arrests then career goals..." :lol:
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Roo wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:56 am IF...... and it's a big IF, we can ignore his past and offer him a future, the most important thing is his role in the team.

He has a goal scoring record of 26 in 160 games, including substitute appearances, (albeit with a lot of games at a higher level) how does this help solve our eyewateringly obvious goal scoring problem?

He's not suitable for our team, for this reason alone.
His goal scoring record at League One level is pretty good though at 21 goals in 79 appearances.

I would be very concerned by his past as well, but everyone who shows true remorse for their past errors, deserves another chance, once they have served their punishment.

If we were able to sign him on a pay to play deal, so that if he causes problems we simply don't pick him and he doesn't get paid, and provided that he behaves himself and shows himself to be fit and sufficiently talented after his lengthy spell out, then he has to be considered as an option.