Simon Eastwood

Anything yellow and blue
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Simon Eastwood

Post by recordmeister »

I do worry during the 'window' when a player is out with an 'injury'... recalling Jack from Oxford City is big news as I guess that loan can't be reversed; and it isn't good news for City either.
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Re: Simon Eastwood

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

The social media rumour mill suggests Eastwood will be off to Barnsley and we'll be signing Freddie Woodman (son of Andy) on loan from Newcastle until the end of the season. I have literally no idea whether either of those things are likely or whether they're just a figment of an under-stimulated teenager's imagination.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Kairdiff Exile wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:55 pm The social media rumour mill suggests Eastwood will be off to Barnsley and we'll be signing Freddie Woodman (son of Andy) on loan from Newcastle until the end of the season. I have literally no idea whether either of those things are likely or whether they're just a figment of an under-stimulated teenager's imagination.
Well the 'Eastwood to Barnsley' story was started by Sky Sports as far as I can tell, so more than just a teenager's imagination. I know 'keepers don't tend to go for much money at this level, but I hope we at least keep him til the end of the season unless a really silly offer comes in.

'Woodman to Oxford'? That's just a rubbish fan site. But apparently Woodman is so 'highly-rated within the corridors of power at St James’ Park' that they're considering bringing another third-choice keeper in and letting him go!

The Cameron Brannagan story has more serious news outlets claiming it. Again he is so highly-rated at Liverpool that etc etc...
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Given that he's been MotM in virtually every match this season, then this would be a complete disaster without a proven better replacement lined up.

It might be his agent being naughty in preparation for an increased wages bid...
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

There's an article in the Sheffield Star today, about how Barnsley's keeper doesn't fear a challenge to his place (from eg Simon Eastwood).

It says, among other things:

"The League One outfit have also signed American Brad Stuver on loan for the rest of the season - with Eastwood expected to leave this month."

We've signed who now? Anyone else heard about this.
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

According to his wiki, he only signed for New York City a month ago:
On December 14, 2017, Stuver was traded by Columbus to New York City FC in exchange for a fourth-round pick in the 2019 MLS SuperDraft.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

Nothing has been mentioned to my knowledge KY...... I think that only you and the Sheffield journo know about this!
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

Is that the same New York City that one Frank Lampard used to play for...?
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

GREAT rumour mongering!

😜