New signings

Anything yellow and blue
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re: New signings

Post by Hog »

Seems a strange decision to leave Kelleher at Solihull as they've been bottom all season. I'm surprised they haven't tried to place him somewhere else where he may get a more positive experience than losing most weeks.
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

Stumbled across this the other day whilst looking for something else:
Old Abingdonian wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:02 am I am told by someone genuinely itk that Mowatt is a bit of a Dan Crowley - plenty of talent, but problems with discipline. Got himself sent off on his Barnsley debut, and none too popular in South Yorkshire.
Mowatt has been a peripheral figure for much of the season - even with our injury crisis, most of his appearances have been from the bench. Surprising given his pedigree, but it suggests that there may well be some truth in the rumour that he's not applying himself as well as he might. If - and it's a big if - we do a lot of business in the window, can we terminate his loan early and save on the wage?
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

The U's sign Liverpool midfielder Cameron Brannagan for an undisclosed fee.
Brannagan, 21 joins Oxford on a 3 1/2 year contract.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Also linked with Man City youngster Buckley-Ricketts, on a loan deal:-

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/11/po ... ford-loan/
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

Boogie wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:23 pm Also linked with Man City youngster Buckley-Ricketts, on a loan deal:-

Now confirmed. Sounds like a very welcome and much-needed injection of pace into the squad. My one question would be whether he'll be starting most games - fine if so, but if not and he's seen as an impact sub, I'd feel bad for Malachi Napa who will surely be edged out just as he was starting to get opportunities and show promise. I'm all in favour of good loan signings, but not if they damage the opportunities to develop our own promising youngsters.
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Post by OtmoorYellow »

Kairdiff Exile wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:35 pm
Boogie wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:23 pm Also linked with Man City youngster Buckley-Ricketts, on a loan deal:-

Now confirmed. Sounds like a very welcome and much-needed injection of pace into the squad. My one question would be whether he'll be starting most games - fine if so, but if not and he's seen as an impact sub, I'd feel bad for Malachi Napa who will surely be edged out just as he was starting to get opportunities and show promise. I'm all in favour of good loan signings, but not if they damage the opportunities to develop our own promising youngsters.
Then again, the reports are that Buckley-Ricketts plays through the middle or out wide, as a forward. That might make him an extra striker.

Another possibility is that Pep is switching to a more traditional 4-4-2 with 2 pacey wide men.

Let's see how it develops, but both IB-R and CB look promising.
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

OUFC4eva wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:16 am Image

U's sign attacking midfielder Jack Payne, 22 on a season long loan from
Huddersfield Town.
'Uddersfield have exercised the clause allowing Payne to be recalled early. One imagines that OUFC were aware of this likelihood and it fuelled last week's two new signings. It's still got to be a blow, however, given how well Payne had performed during his loan spell thus far.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Now that Leicester have been knocked out of the Travesty Trophy I wonder if Michael Appleton might lend us a couple of not quite fringe players (obviously not the multi capped 28 year old) or did we fall out with him on his way out?
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Quarter Final Draw:

Chelsea U.21 v Oxford United

Shrewsbury Town v Oldham Athletic

Lincoln City v Peterborough United

Yeovil Town v Fleetwood Town
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Another loan signing of a Man City and England youngster with a double-barrelled name who’s been playing in Holland. Left back apparently, which is certainly no bad thing.

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/oxfor ... ager_hunt/
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

There has been widespread bemusement at our decision to let Charlie Raglan go on loan to Port Vale until the end of the season. Certainly an odd one on the face of it, with Martin, Mouseinho and Williamson all having been proved very fallible at times, Dickie still getting used to the place and Nelson not coming back any time soon. Granted, Raglan's coming back from a long layoff, but Vale clearly think he's fit enough for competitive football so it's odd that we've not opted to give him some game time and let our other defenders rediscover their form.