Carabao Cup approach

Anything yellow and blue
OtmoorYellow
Puberty

Carabao Cup approach

Post by OtmoorYellow »

So should Pep try to create a settled winning side, or change it about for this match?
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Re: Carabao Cup approach

Post by Old Abingdonian »

This early in the season, I would prioritise the settled side, but also use the game as an opportunity to look at a couple of other players - so perhaps keep the structure, but swap e.g. Obika for Thomas or Martin for Williamson. Go two goals up, and then try e.g. Fernandez as a sub.

As ever, I will be very annoyed if we field a weakened team and lose. It 's not normally OUFC that does this, but I think it is so insulting to fans if the manager chooses a sub-strength side which loses. I spoke to a couple of Newcastle fans in the car park after the FA cup game, and they were furious.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re: Carabao Cup approach

Post by Kernow Yellow »

With three games in a week right at the start of the season, some changes are inevitable. It's not a 'play the kids' match, but definitely an opportunity for some of our new signings and/or those returning from injury to get some game time, if only from the bench.

The official website gives a reasonable clue as to what line-up we might expect to see:

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2017/august ... nham-town/