Radio coverage of Football League matches

Anything yellow and blue
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Radio coverage of Football League matches

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

This doesn't strike me as good news. Bit more information here.

Although I think BBC Radio Oxford will still have live coverage of games for those in the Oxford area, I'm concerned to see the Football League not recognising the value they get from the BBC.

#ShaunHarveyOut

EDIT: The club have confirmed that BBC Radio Oxford will retain live commentary rights.
Last edited by Kairdiff Exile on Thu May 25, 2017 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re: Radio coverage of Football League matches

Post by slappy »

As above, i'd hope that Radio Oxford keep local commentary rights so that the iFollow service for people living outside of the broadcast area have an experienced commentary team.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re: Radio coverage of Football League matches

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Glad that RadOx still have local radio rights. I assume this will be the commentary on the new iFollow service (old Yellow Player) - not really sure how that's going to work unless I've missed it? The last email I got just said:

"At the anniversary date of your initial payment, your subscription will end. At this point you will need to purchase a new iFollow package, the format of which will differ from the traditional Annual membership that you have subscribed to until now."

ie the price is going up.

Not quite sure how RadOx are still allowed to broadcast commentaries, reading that article on the Bristol City site. Would they still be able to do play-off matches/league cup matches?

Also: Carabao Cup - wtf? I suppose Rumbelows wasn't exactly a glamorous sponsor either...