Michael APPLETON

Anything yellow and blue
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Michael APPLETON

Post by OUFC4eva »

Yesterday's fantastic win and performance over Newcastle was App's 150th game in charge of the U's.

His record according to Rageonline stats is:

GAMES - 150
WINS - 67
DRAWS - 42
LOSSES - 41

This gives him a very respectable win rate of 45%. Here's to the next 150 games!

(Oxford Mail journalist Dave Pritchard's stats read Won 66 Draws 44 Losses 40 - there are other discrepancies around!)

http://www.managerstats.co.uk/clubs/oxford-united/
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Michael APPLETON

Post by Dr Bob »

Respectable indeed, but given the slow start he had, while he was getting his approach instilled in the players, I wonder what his win percentage is for the last 125 or last 100 games? I hope someone has more time than me, to check this out.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Odd how this "win rate" thing has taken over as a measure. I don't much like it - it fails to distinguish between draws and losses. Far prefer a ppg type measure.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

And what a great cup team we've become under Appleton - is that 8 cup wins against higher league opposition in barely two and a half seasons? Quite incredible, and we've won a league promotion in that time too. Reminiscent of a previous era...

I will admit to having had my doubts during the first 6 months of his tenure, but he's become an absolute legend - I just hope we can hang on to him and reap the rewards of his (and our) development for a bit longer. Results like yesterday will only increase interest from more attractive clubs.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

I'd also like to see this as a League percentage: wins in the JTP are grand, but I'd rather us beat Wimbledon away in the league than anyone in the (old) JTP.