Ball #32

Anything yellow and blue
Mr T
Brat

Ball #32

Post by Mr T »

So who do we all fancy getting/not getting?

Apart from the obvious Premiership big boys, I do fancy Accrington away, Blackpool or Barnsley, Huddersfield, Blackburn, Wolves, Derby, Wigan, or even the Chairboys.

Most definitely don't want any team from League 1, especially Rochdale, who we play the week before.

Shake that bag well...
Bring back the black away shirt!
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Ball #32

Post by recordmeister »

Of course for the clubs coffers I'd like Man Utd away.

Aside from that, I met one of my best mates (and the best man at my wedding) at university in 1999/2000. He's a Derby fan. We haven't played each other in the 17 years we've known each other, so Derby would be grand!

Or Slumdon. Oh, wait...
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Plymouth or Liverpool (a) please. Win-win for me!
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Arsenal (away), and a 4-0 win for us. That's not too much to ask is it?
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

Cardiff City away, please. I've lived here for 16 years and we've yet to play a game in the city!
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

We should rename this thread 'where do you live?' It says something about the make-up of this board's contributors that no-one has wished for a home game yet!

Parochialism aside, I'd love to visit a 'great' ground I've not been to before. Goodison would have been top of my list, but since Everton lost then Anfield, Old Trafford or St James' Park please. Although some of them might be a bit tricky from Cornwall! Craven Cottage would be another good choice. Of the newer grounds then St Mary's, Pride Park, Stadium of Light, The Amex or the Emirates would all be ok. Though I've seen Us surrender meekly at an atmosphere-less Arsenal ground in the FA Cup not too long ago...
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

There are 27 teams left whose ground I haven't seen us play at. I'd like a chance to see us play at White Hart Lane before they move out for the redevelopment.

Or a winnable home tie. I wonder if Sheffield United fans who had booked advance train tickets for the league game are hoping to draw us away?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

slappy wrote: I wonder if Sheffield United fans who had booked advance train tickets for the league game are hoping to draw us away?
Well they'll be hoping for a miracle seeing as they lost in the second round...
jfp
Sperm

Post by jfp »

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Cardiff City away, please. I've lived here for 16 years and we've yet to play a game in the city!
Did they not loose to Fulham yesterday?
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Kernow Yellow wrote:We should rename this thread 'where do you live?' It says something about the make-up of this board's contributors that no-one has wished for a home game yet!

Parochialism aside, I'd love to visit a 'great' ground I've not been to before. Goodison would have been top of my list, but since Everton lost then Anfield, Old Trafford or St James' Park please. Although some of them might be a bit tricky from Cornwall! Craven Cottage would be another good choice. Of the newer grounds then St Mary's, Pride Park, Stadium of Light, The Amex or the Emirates would all be ok. Though I've seen Us surrender meekly at an atmosphere-less Arsenal ground in the FA Cup not too long ago...
Folkestone Invicta aren't in the cup any more, so I'll go for an easy home win against the lowest possible opposition. We're not so big that the prize money wouldn't make a difference
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

Hope the Barcodes get through to play us! Brum would be less exciting
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Werthers Original wrote:Hope the Barcodes get through to play us! Brum would be less exciting
Last time we played them I was a single man! Blimey!
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

I'm hoping Newcastle go though to play the U's. A re-run of 1983 would be great result wise.
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

1992! 5-2!!
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Decent FA Cup draw and decent EFL Trophy win.

Another good day in the lives of OUFC fans.