Dorking

Anything yellow and blue
seasonticket
Sperm

Dorking

Post by seasonticket »

Well we get to half time and it literally is men against boys here. We aren't getting the basics right, and getting harried off the ball. Good support.
    Dorking have spent so much time camped in our half that they've pitched tents up!
    2-0 down and apart from one good effort our next best effort was courtesy of the Dorking goalkeeper.
    Kernow Yellow
    Grumpy old git

Re: Dorking

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Hi seasonticket

Not sure whether you've lurked here much but you're unlikely to get any live match chat these days - especially for a second-string friendly! Thanks for the report though and welcome to the forum. Any views on Giles/Ashby/Roberts (or others) from last night?
    SWA
    Puberty

Post by SWA »

It's a real shame there is so little traffic on this forum. It's dying a death really... :cry:
    Kairdiff Exile
    Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

SWA wrote:It's a real shame there is so little traffic on this forum. It's dying a death really... :cry:
    Disagree. I think it's quality over quantity. I can't be doing with the Other Place - too much 'noise', too many half-arsed, badly-written posts and too much aggression between contributors. In contrast, the posts here are a pleasure to read, add to my knowledge of all things OUFC and occasionally prompt me to think and reflect.

RageOnline feels like a refined gentleman's club, whereas the Other Place feels like The Blackbird on a Saturday night.
    Last edited by Kairdiff Exile on Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
    neilw
    Puberty

Re: Dorking ... Forum alive and kicking

Post by neilw »

Dying a death? No, not at all, never! It's niche, has few but valid contributors, is the place for great discussion when necessary and has its roots in the original Mzuri (is that right?) site from the 90's

We are the remaining stedfast survivors in this here ghost town. There'll be no moving on from this here place.

To prove my point, all the long time contributors will back me up with a virtual nod, to acknowledge they are very much alive and kicking
    Boogie
    Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

Nod and I remember Mzuri.
    Shoobedoo
    Puberty

Post by Shoobedoo »

*nods sagely*
    Hog
    Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Nod. And I remember the password for Mzuri too!
    Ancient Colin
    Grumpy old git

Post by Ancient Colin »

Nods sadly, was banned from Mzuri
    neilw
    Puberty

Post by neilw »

Hog, was it iruzm?

When we left the Manor there was a wonderful thread of quick fire Manor memories. It was evocative and special. Such a shame that's been lost in the aether.
    Radley Rambler
    Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

neilw wrote:Hog, was it iruzm?

When we left the Manor there was a wonderful thread of quick fire Manor memories. It was evocative and special. Such a shame that's been lost in the aether.
    Nod and yes it was iruzm. Agree with earlier comments that this forum is Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons to the other side's Nandos. Both have their purpose but I read all the posts here whereas I skim the other side. Stuart Donald and Charlie Methven's posts over there are a good read.
    SWA
    Puberty

Post by SWA »

Are we not allowed to refer to the Other Place as YellowsForum? :lol: ;)
    Hog
    Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

TiU surely?
    Hog
    Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Ancient Colin wrote:Nods sadly, was banned from Mzuri
    Weren't you responsible for it closing?!?! ;-)
    Kairdiff Exile
    Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

Hog wrote:TiU surely?
    I wonder whether the Oxford Mail regret the day they messed about with TiU, meaning everyone migrated to YellowsForum or here? The amount of lost exposure/advertising must have been significant, given that the site had thousands of users.