League 1 ticket prices

Anything yellow and blue
Mr T
Brat

League 1 ticket prices

Post by Mr T »

There was a feature in FSF this week regarding Sheffield Utd fans unhappy with the cost of an away ticket at Bolton (£30), and the possibility of mass boycotts. Does anyone have any knowledge on whether we are going to meet similar higher prices in Div 3? And do we boycott MK Dons regardless of price?!
Bring back the black away shirt!
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Re: League 1 ticket prices

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

Mr T wrote:Does anyone have any knowledge on whether we are going to meet similar higher prices in Div 3?
This is a season old, but it does show the cheapest and most expensive away tickets at each club. Most of the Div 3 ones seem to be in the £20-£25 band.
Mr T wrote:And do we boycott MK Dons regardless of price?!
Yes.
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

I will be at MK Dons away, along with 000s of others I would wager.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

SWA wrote:I will be at MK Dons away, along with 000s of others I would wager.
Me too. If Wimbledon fans are "happy" to go there, the case for Us not attending is somewhat diminished. I think it is time to move on, but without ever forgetting and without ever allowing a franchise to happen again.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Back to ticket pricing if we may. I hadn't really considered the cost implications of promotion in terms of admission prices. I'd certainly be put out if asked to pay anywhere near £30 to watch us in League 1. If 'Twenty's Plenty' for away fans in the Premier League then it's certainly the case for lower down the pyramid too.

Mind you I don't think we've published our matchday prices yet have we? Will be interesting to see how much they go up.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

I'm actually waiting for the match day prices before I decide to buy a season ticket. I know I can't make all the games, so I can't work out if it is a good value for me or not, until I know the match day ticket price.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

GodalmingYellow wrote:
SWA wrote:I will be at MK Dons away, along with 000s of others I would wager.
Me too. If Wimbledon fans are "happy" to go there, the case for Us not attending is somewhat diminished. I think it is time to move on, but without ever forgetting and without ever allowing a franchise to happen again.
I'm sure as with any fan base, there are divisions on this, but the Wimbledon fans I know (which includes the original chair of the phoenix club) don't even like to think about games against Franchise, let alone attend them. Franchise's existence still actively sickens them.
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

Jimski beat me to it in pointing out that AFCW fans are far from united on the issue of whether or not to boycott games vs Franchise.

On the ticket price issue, good to see the FSF come out against Bolton's high prices for away fans. Quite happy to take part in any pre-match protest if anyone feels like organising one!
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Kairdiff Exile wrote:On the ticket price issue, good to see the FSF come out against Bolton's high prices for away fans. Quite happy to take part in any pre-match protest if anyone feels like organising one!
Although it seems that Sheffield United charge away fans £27 for their category A fixtures (which is half of them), so I hope their fans are directing their ire closer to home too!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Kernow Yellow wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:On the ticket price issue, good to see the FSF come out against Bolton's high prices for away fans. Quite happy to take part in any pre-match protest if anyone feels like organising one!
Although it seems that Sheffield United charge away fans £27 for their category A fixtures (which is half of them), so I hope their fans are directing their ire closer to home too!
Crumbs! I hope we're cat C then! I don't often get to away games oop north but I've just booked our hotel in Bramhall Lane.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Is that the hotel next to the away seats?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

OUFC4eva wrote:Is that the hotel next to the away seats?
Quite possibly! The Copthorne.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Kernow Yellow wrote:
Sheff. Utd v Oxford is a category B match.

http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/2016 ... 84644.aspx
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

I don't remember them being officially announced but there are prices here.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

joepoolman wrote:I don't remember them being officially announced but there are prices here.
Interesting, thanks. I don't think they've been announced either. They seem a bit random - adult tickets at £20 for East and Family (North) stands, £21 for the rest of North stand, £22 for SSL. Why not just make them all the same?

Also, why are Under 7's listed at £5 for most parts of the ground when it clearly states at the bottom that they're free in all areas? Needs a bit of checking I think...