Where Is The Roof?

Anything yellow and blue
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Where Is The Roof?

Post by recordmeister »

Am I reading too much into the fact that our star player isn't being used in any of the shots of the new kits? Surely you'd want your star man to be selling shirts for you?
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Where Is The Roof?

Post by Dr Bob »

Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Gone. Bugger.

Don't think I've seen many pictures with Callum in either...
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

Credit to the club for the whole end to end deal. Entice him in, get promoted and then sell on for a fair wedge a year later. That's astute and hopefully repeatable. Everyone's a winner.

I'm hoping we get another year with Callum. We need both his contribution and increasing value next season.
theox
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by theox »

Reuben Reid in as a 'replacement''?

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/could-r ... story.html
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

I had on good authority that both Roofe and O'Dowda will both be off this summer.

I'm actually more upset about O'Dowda because he's one of our own and I'd love to see him fully flourish in a U's shirt.

Agree with Neil. The Roofe business has been excellent from start to finish. If we'd blocked his move, it would have been bad for Roofe and the image of our club.

Now, players of his ilk will know that a) we'll make them a better player and b) we won't stand in their way when they are.

And we'll make much needed cash in the process. Win-win.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

I'd like to say a huge thank you to Roofe for coming down the divisions and 'having a go'. I'm not sure that the car crash that is Leeds United wound be my choice but all best wishes go with him ..... And 3Million means a substantial return in our investment.. Minus the WBA sell on clause.

Anyway, just looked at this summary of his goals and made me want to sign him again

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-8001492
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

theox wrote:Reuben Reid in as a 'replacement''?

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/could-r ... story.html
Reid is nothing like Roofe though. He'd be more of a replacement for Hylton, but not as good imo. And he had injury problems last season. Though I notice he was on West Brom's books between 2009-11, which is exactly the period when Appleton was coach/manager there...