Is anyone else.....

Anything yellow and blue
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Re: Is anyone else.....

Post by Myles Francis »

Matt D wrote:think that's a bit harsh myles. I definitely agree it's an issue for Us, particularly if the referee allows those teams to play in the way they want to. but I remember starting to feel optimistic about the season after the home games against notts county and yeovil, who both came to play that way and we despatched them reasonably efficiently. wimbledon away is the obvious more recent example, and the home games against daggers and york to a certain extent.

don't get me wrong, it's an issue and I worry about it on saturday. but I wouldn't say we were 'largely incapable' of dealing with it - in the way that I would of many united squads of recent years!
It may be harsh Matt, and despite there being examples where we have overcome sides such as Yeovil and Daggers, there are other recent examples where we haven't, such as Stevenage and Luton. And the thing with comparison of squads of recent years is that they weren't anyway near as good as the current bunch, so we really should expect to be winning more than 40% of our home games.

As an aside, 41% of our points have been won at home, the same figure as Daggers, and only Luton have a lower figure - 38%.
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

I wouldn't class Luton in the same bracket as those other teams. They came and tried to play football and not "spoil" the game.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

I live close enough to Adams Park to be able to pop down and buy tickets for the game... in the away end. Wish me luck.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

recordmeister wrote:I live close enough to Adams Park to be able to pop down and buy tickets for the game... in the away end. Wish me luck.
Finally a use for half-and-half scarves?

"I'm just here as a supporter of the beautiful game!"
Shoobedoo
Puberty

Post by Shoobedoo »

One day when I wish I didn't work on a Saturday... :(

Come on you Yellows - let's do this thing! :)

(and yes, I'm nervous - I have that Peterborough (h) 1996 half-time feeling, and the game hasn't even started yet! :shock: )