Player of the season

Anything yellow and blue
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Player of the season

Post by Jimski »

So who have people here been voting for as player of the season? There's a case for quite a few players. I was at one point thinking Lundstram might be a good shout. Roofe seems the obvious one I guess, and will likely win, I suspect. Sercombe another, if mainly for his first half of the season. But I voted for Danny Hylton again - he's the sort of player I love. Talented, tireless, bloody-minded.

Of course, if Baldock had stayed the whole season...
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Re: Player of the season

Post by Werthers Original »

Yes I'm sure Roofe will win it, and there's a case for Lundstram, but I'd love it to be Danny
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

Oh, come on. It has to be Roofe - look at the goals he's scored, both in quantity and quality. Look at the number of games where his contribution was decisive in getting us points. Look at the way he galvanises the team (eg, contrast the Newport and Hartlepools games for starters!). It has to be Roofe, and for good reason.

Hylton is great - but I see him as more of a cult hero than a player of the season. He gets his share of goals, he is an integral part of the squad, and we all have a soft spot for him. But to say he's been more influential on our season than Roofe is bollocks of the highest order.
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

I did say Roofe was the obvious one!
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

I voted for Roofe.

For unsung hero, I voted for turnstile #9 operator. Lovely old chap, great welcomes and I always make my way to my seat with a smile as a result.