Where are they now?

Anything yellow and blue
captainox
Toddler

Re: Where are they now?

Post by captainox »

Former YT Jermaine Udumaga joins Wycombe on loan from Brentford.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34935499
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Lee Cox has joined Stevenage on loan from Plymouth.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

U's midfielder Michael Collins,29 has returned to the club after a loan spell
at struggling York City,
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Anybody know why Appleton suddenly got such a downer on him? I thought he was fairly decent last season. Worth a place on the bench for sure.
Geoff
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Geoff »

Slumdon have signed former Watford and Oxford United striker Jamie Calvin on a one-year deal.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/Davies-lef ... story.html

Former U's midfielder Scott Davies lifts the lid on his chronic
gambling addiction that destroyed his professional career.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Jimski wrote:Anybody know why Appleton suddenly got such a downer on him? I thought he was fairly decent last season. Worth a place on the bench for sure.
I was never very impressed with Collins. He reminded me a lot of Dave Savage, solid enough but unspectacular - a million miles from what we're seeing now. I would never have him on the bench ahead of Danny Rose for example.

He's just been let go (as it were) by York, who are in free fall at the bottom of the league. If he's not good enough for them...

Having said all that I understand he was going through a hard time off the pitch last season, and it may be that this affected his game. If so he's been very unlucky. But as things stand I can't see that he'll be needed for our squad, unless we get injuries and need to fill the bench in the JPT...
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Yeah, I'd have Rose ahead of him as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm not pining for him in the team or anything, jst thought it odd that a solid player like him should be so completely frozen out. He'd be decent enough as cover for injuries.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Dean Saunders sacked bySlumdon Chesterfield

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34955150
Old Abingdonian
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Old Abingdonian »

I was also surprised about the apparent freezing out of Collins, but:
- if I recall correctly, he triggered an extension in his contract by playing a certain number of games in 2014-5. This (which was made public) implies that MApp saw him as important for last season, but not for this one.
- he is behind Sercombe / Lundstram / Rose, and - I would guess - Ruffels, so the chance of a game is very small, as in cup games, the club will want to give experience to a youth player or two (eg. AJ George).

Perhaps it was a little naughty of the club to make the fact that he is surplus to requirements so public (we could guess anyway), but it may reflect an impatience to get him off the wage bill.

I cannot understand how he is not of any use to a York City team in meltdown. Perhaps he said something on the training ground...
captainox
Toddler

Post by captainox »

Old Abingdonian wrote:I was also surprised about the apparent freezing out of Collins, but:
- if I recall correctly, he triggered an extension in his contract by playing a certain number of games in 2014-5. This (which was made public) implies that MApp saw him as important for last season, but not for this one.
- he is behind Sercombe / Lundstram / Rose, and - I would guess - Ruffels, so the chance of a game is very small, as in cup games, the club will want to give experience to a youth player or two (eg. AJ George).

Perhaps it was a little naughty of the club to make the fact that he is surplus to requirements so public (we could guess anyway), but it may reflect an impatience to get him off the wage bill.

I cannot understand how he is not of any use to a York City team in meltdown. Perhaps he said something on the training ground...
His loan began under their old manager Russ Wilcox.
The new manager signed 7 players in the week ahead of the loan deadline including 6 loanees.
He had arrived at the club with 4 loanees already - Collins being one of these. All loanees that were at the club when he arrived have now been sent back to their parent clubs.

All the new loanees are young lads from higher division clubs as the new manager seems to think that youth is the way forward. Since Collins hasn't been in the squad, they've conceded 11 goals in two games.
I saw him play in a couple of games for them and he looked solid but not a patch on Sercombe/Lundstram.
Would be ok as backup but only that for us.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Lee Nogan is the new assistant manager at Gateshead...

http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/noga ... pin-43641/
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/T ... story.html

Chris Hargreaves looking to forge a new career in football.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Former U's forward and assistant manager David Oldfield is appointed assistant manager at QPR
to Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »