New pitch

Anything yellow and blue
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

New pitch

Post by Kernow Yellow »

So we're getting a brand new pitch next season. Good news, and a couple of years overdue, but must be costing a few bob, with Ashton refusing to be drawn on who's picking up the tab...
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Re: New pitch

Post by OUFC4eva »

Yet more good news and a brand new state of the art Xtragrass
pitch will not be cheap either. Please God I hope LW
are finished in Oxford.

This welcome news follows on from the significant
investment in good players, new cabling into the stadium
for a new ticketing operation enabling swipe cards
for next season and the move to bring in house and improve
the club's retail operations.

What next I wonder 8)

Last edited by OUFC4eva on Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

OUFC4eva wrote:Please God I hope LW are finished in Oxford.
I doubt it given the pitch manufacturer's repeated quotes that their surface will stand up to dual use better than most pitches can cope with one.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

I don't think there's any chance that they won't be here next season from what I have heard.
Boogie
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by Boogie »

This is very uplifting news.

Hopefully the improved squad will be able to play the Mappy way now.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Desso GrassMaster is better from the pitches I’ve seen that also have egg chasers on them. More expensive but there you go – that’s life when you have to share your ‘home’ with a wugby team. ‘Effing Ospreys.

Really disappointed with Oxford City regarding their new artificial turf not going ahead as planned this summer. They could have had LW there next season by paying Uncle Firoz off to move them to CPF for a bit, while still making a healthy profit for OCFC. It would also have helped the Deer Park fans as I’m sure there would be more atmos in there than at Minchery Farm now they are out of the Aviva Prem. And the beer is cheaper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... VNiArKmJ10
The OXman Cometh
Brat

Post by The OXman Cometh »

Snake wrote:Desso GrassMaster is better from the pitches I’ve seen that also have egg chasers on them. More expensive but there you go – that’s life when you have to share your ‘home’ with a wugby team. ‘Effing Ospreys.

Really disappointed with Oxford City regarding their new artificial turf not going ahead as planned this summer. They could have had LW there next season by paying Uncle Firoz off to move them to CPF for a bit, while still making a healthy profit for OCFC. It would also have helped the Deer Park fans as I’m sure there would be more atmos in there than at Minchery Farm now they are out of the Aviva Prem. And the beer is cheaper.

You have seen beer in the stadium at Minchery Farm?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

The OXman Cometh wrote:
Snake wrote:Desso GrassMaster is better from the pitches I’ve seen that also have egg chasers on them. More expensive but there you go – that’s life when you have to share your ‘home’ with a wugby team. ‘Effing Ospreys.

You have seen beer in the stadium at Minchery Farm?
Not really so I stand corrected. I’ve also not seen what I’d describe as food, but over-priced weak lager and pies tick a box for so many people they are prepared to miss part of the game to queue for them. Same as at nearly every ground.
The Enforcer
Brat

Post by The Enforcer »

If London Welsh continue to churn up the pitch next season, I won't be the least bit surprised if it still resembles a mud-bath by winter.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Pitch at the end of week one - and yes LW will be back next season.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

So that's what the South Stand looks like from the front!
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

I wonder if they have a bit over if I could have it for my back garden?
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

Roo wrote:I don't think there's any chance that they won't be here next season from what I have heard.

What a stupid post........you know nothing!

:oops:
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Given that Coventry had a few weeks start on Us with their pitch it’s slightly concerning that the pre-season friendly was not switched to the Ricoh rather than Nuneaton. If their grass is not 100% ready a week before the season starts then it’s clear than the Minchery pitch may be a bit fragile in the early days.