Appleton OUT

Anything yellow and blue
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re: Appleton OUT

Post by Hog »

He's out of work. And he's a wife beater.
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

Snake wrote:
Brahma Bull wrote:Another fine interview

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/oxfor ... e_critics/

He'll be told to button it. He has really opened up a can of worms this week. Anyway let's hope Darren Ferguson is an option. That would solve some short-term worries like season ticket sales and he work under a similar management structure at The Posh.
From my reading of it he’s just told you to button it, and the thousands of others who still turn up.

Remarkable. And spoken by a man who clearly thinks he’s unsackable.
au contraire :P

Whilst you are right Snakey-Boy and he was in effect telling me and thousands of others to shut it, I suspect tomorrow when he returns to work he will be told the errors of his ways. Apparently he was on a course today according to Fazza on YP.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

A course of treatment?
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

Apparently Ashton or Eales was seen having lunch with him. Probably nonsense!
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

Which course? Starters, mains or desserts?
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Apparently it was a course about trying to not look directly at the eclipse of Oxford United as it’s bad for your eyes.

I’ll get my coat....
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

tomoufc wrote:Which course? Starters, mains or desserts?
If its MAPP's restaurant then everything on the original menu will be scrubbed out for being too common, but then create a new menu that is no more fancy than the first, just costs more.
There'll be plenty of starters on the menu, which change on a weekly basis, and there'll be a similar number of desserts, although he'll serve tiramisu with custard and spotted dick with cream. However, there won't be many mains on the menu and these won't change at all, despite promises to the contrary, as he doesn't believe diners warrant anything substantial in the middle of their meal.
He'll then blame the customers for not understanding his fine gourmet offerings, before refusing to let the jelly and blancmange set together, and blaming the ice cream for not attracting more orders...

Err, Snake, can you get mine while you are there...
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

Mooro wrote:
tomoufc wrote:Which course? Starters, mains or desserts?
If its MAPP's restaurant then everything on the original menu will be scrubbed out for being too common, but then create a new menu that is no more fancy than the first, just costs more.
There'll be plenty of starters on the menu, which change on a weekly basis, and there'll be a similar number of desserts, although he'll serve tiramisu with custard and spotted dick with cream. However, there won't be many mains on the menu and these won't change at all, despite promises to the contrary, as he doesn't believe diners warrant anything substantial in the middle of their meal.
He'll then blame the customers for not understanding his fine gourmet offerings, before refusing to let the jelly and blancmange set together, and blaming the ice cream for not attracting more orders...

Err, Snake, can you get mine while you are there...
Love this!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Bookies still reckon it’s 25-1 to go down - http://www.oddschecker.com/football/eng ... relegation

8 games to go. In 2006 the U’s were 18th with 8 games to go, and also 18th with 4 games to go (and 9 points ahead of bottom club Torquay, who survived). Today they are 19th - http://www.statto.com/sgs/team-position/qzMVtwAEAIcELA

Also not been above 15th all season - http://www.statto.com/sgs/team-position/3QsVtwAEAJAELA

I’ve got my anorak on now...
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

Chanced upon this whilst looking for something else and thought I'd give it a bump to embarrass us all! Turns out us fans know sod all.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

For those who are wondering it was this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31810374

Sorry Sir Michael!
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Chanced upon this whilst looking for something else and thought I'd give it a bump to embarrass us all! Turns out us fans know sod all.
Some of us showed restraint at the time

(or just didn't read the thread...)
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

Can I just say I always liked him
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

This is a good reason why managers should be given a decent amount of time before being sacked. So many clubs these days sack managers at the drop of a hat. It's senseless. I guess sometimes they are so utterly hopeless that it's reasonable to do so (Kemp?), but generally I can't understand why clubs spend so much on hiring and firing managers so often.
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

Well......I do remember getting very upset when we went 1-0 down to Carlisle at home around this time to a freak goal - I thought that we were in real danger of revisiting our non-league status. So yes things are much better now but it was not a good time!