Well that was encouraging ...

Anything yellow and blue
Hog
Grumpy old git

Well that was encouraging ...

Post by Hog »

... um, unbeaten in three, avoided another home defeat with a wonder goal by a loanee FULLBACK, five point cushion from the relegation places with a superior goal difference to those below us which is worth an extra point, oh and we're too good to go down .. um ...
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Re: Well that was encouraging ...

Post by tomoufc »

Listened to this one on Yellows Player (which didn't work for part of the game, meaning that I listened to Morecambe's commentary). What worried me most was Appleton's post-match reaction. He was asked about our poor performance, and he's said to the interviewer ' that's your opinion'. I firmly believe that Appleton's denial of obvious problems will give us a high chance to get relegated. Next up promotion candidates Bury.
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

If you're patient, you'll get your rewards. You need to understand we're building for the future, playing the right way. It takes time to get the right bodies in the building, with the right DNA and for the team to gel. You fans just don't get it :roll:
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by ty cobb »

Jerome said that was the worst game of football he had seen (after some throught he said maybe it didn't beat Barnsley away from years ago) which given the amount of crap we have seen over the last few years was saying something. The scattergun approach to loan signings continues, which means Roberts isn't getting a look in and Hoskins doesn't even get on the bench. How much is all this costing? How many free tickets are they giving away each week to get a crowd of 7000?

With the floodlights going off, the PA buzzing and the team being useless it felt we are an awful long way off from where we want to be. Great interview with the goalscorer after though.

On a seperate not I see Northampton won again and are 3 points off the play offs.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

As per usual I listened to it on RadOx. Amazed at the attendance. 6837 home fans? On a Tuesday night? Against Morecambe?
Jimski
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Jimski »

Yes, I'm not sure where all this meddling with the team is getting us (actually I do - it is getting us to 19th in the table), or what the point of it all is. This was one of Wilder's worst faults too - constantly changing the squad personnel in seemingly random fashion. So we have two very promising youngsters in Roberts and Ashby who are now struggling to get any further chances. Perhaps if we could just get a settled side together we might have a chance of some team-spirit and understanding lasting more than a couple of matches at a time.
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

It was an absolute nothing as a game of football, until we scored anyway, but wasn't that more to do with Morecambe? A horrible bunch but with a very well coordinated approach once they'd gone ahead which meant that they didn't attack at all and put two monstrous markers on any of our players who crossed the halfway line. It's a legitimate part of the game (though timewasting isn't), but hardly makes for a spectacle.
SWA
Puberty

Post by SWA »

Kevin Ellison is still a nasty piece of work! Niggling away for the whole match..
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

An awful performance for 86 minutes until an individual moment of brilliance salvaged a point and the team rallied a little. Appleton saying that we played well in the second half and that we thoroughly deserved a point was ridiculous. And taking Hylton off when we needed to score, really?! I know some would point out that we did score but as I said that was a very good piece of skill from an individual, nothing to do with Appleton's subs/tactics.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

neilw wrote:You need to understand we're building for the future, playing the right way.
Yes, these players will absolutely storm the Conference, just you wait and see
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

I agree with Jerome. That was one of the worst matches I have ever seen.

Both sides played relegation football.

I'm so disgusted with the game and performance I can't even be bothered to type it in.

Appleton out!
Shoobedoo
Puberty

Post by Shoobedoo »

Crap performance, management team in denial, ploughed field for a pitch and a partial floodlight failure (a full one would have done us all a favour).

One word sums it all up:

Tinpot.

We'll fit in just fine in the Conference.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Still curious as to why so many people turned up. That home attendance was way over what you'd expect on a Tuesday night.
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

Maybe all those people who were 'there in spirit' showed up in the figures?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Werthers Original wrote:Maybe all those people who were 'there in spirit' showed up in the figures?
Including the ghost of Eric Morecambe? :P