It's all about the Boss, no trouble

Anything yellow and blue
Hog
Grumpy old git

It's all about the Boss, no trouble

Post by Hog »

I'm surprised no-one commented on the pre-recorded interview with MApp that RadOx broadcast after the Hartlepool game which is here for a couple more weeks if you didn't hear it on the day ... (starts at approx 15:30)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02dk8ng

He's certainly been the 'nearly man' and has a high opinion of himself! And for all his big talk could be considered a bit of a quitter! Go to 43:30 for the day he quit playing with no regard (or respect) for his team mates or club!
Dr Bob
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: It's all about the Boss, no trouble

Post by Dr Bob »

As has been said on here before, with that track record he cannot really just quit or any positive remnants of a reputation he might have for trying to play good football will be totally destroyed (yes, yes, yes. OK). Having been brought here as the boss's mate he will get more time than otherwise, I am sure. The problem is, where does that leave us? I see a huge irony brewing here (can an irony brew?) where, having built a reputation as a quitter, he does not quit, and is allowed to continue, even as results fail to pick up. Oh how I would love to be proved wrong on all of this...
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

Hog wrote:I

He's certainly been the 'nearly man' and has a high opinion of himself! And for all his big talk could be considered a bit of a quitter! Go to 43:30 for the day he quit playing with no regard (or respect) for his team mates or club!
I certainly had never heard that story. As Hog states he walked off during a reserve game against Newcastle on Tyneside, knowing his reconstructed knee had finished him, walked off, no one knew what he was doing, straight down the tunnel not a dicky bird to his team-mates or management in the dugout. Didn't get changed, got his keys and drove to a function in Preston.

Sounded to me a bit like Chris Wilder after a home game against Wimbledon :lol:
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

Brahma Bull wrote:Sounded to me a bit like Chris Wilder after a home game against Wimbledon
Torquay, no?
Brahma Bull
Puberty

Post by Brahma Bull »

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
Brahma Bull wrote:Sounded to me a bit like Chris Wilder after a home game against Wimbledon
Torquay, no?
You might be right. I have tried to erase his little tantrum from my memory :lol:
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

Brahma Bull wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:
Torquay, no?
You might be right. I have tried to erase his little tantrum from my memory :lol:
I still think it's one of the funniest things to have happened in my twenty years of watching Oxford. Throwing his toys out the pram and stomping off in a huff. I'm still amazed anyone gave him another job after that bout of unprofessionalism.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Kairdiff Exile wrote:I still think it's one of the funniest things to have happened in my twenty years of watching Oxford. Throwing his toys out the pram and stomping off in a huff. I'm still amazed anyone gave him another job after that bout of unprofessionalism.
He had already been offered (and accepted) another job. That was the point wasn't it? Not that he'll be in it for long though unless he can halt Cobblers' slide...