New(er) Consortium

Anything yellow and blue
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Re: New(er) Consortium

Post by Werthers Original »

From his company's website he's obviously pretty posh - it's all Eton and Camilla, Hugo, Alicia etc. Maybe Boris Johnson or David Cameron is the mysterious Mr Big?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Hog wrote:I notice a few people on here are pals of his on Facebook: perhaps you could find out just how chummy you really are with him? I looked for clues about the consortium amongst his other friends (Verity, Tamara, Spyro, Camilla, Oscar, Tilly, Danvers etc etc) but there's nothing obvious! Doesn't he have family connections in the affluent circles in Argentina too?

I see that he raised £12m to start his sports newspaper - did they lose the lot? If so what are the chances of raising another £12m?
That made me jump into my own FB account to check. I counted 6 people at least who are regular posters on this board and ‘friends’ with him just through my limited network. He’s not FB mates with Firoz though, ‘nor Kelvin. Off to check TAGs friends now...
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Mooro wrote:I seem to remember a series of forum 'debates' with CM many years ago on here (or its predecessors) when he was a regular poster. Miles seemed to get involved quite a lot too, but memory fails to serve as to which side he tended to be on.
I don't think Charlie has ever been a contributor on here. You are probably recalling TiU v1.0 and the days immediately pre-Kassam. Charlie was anti FK from day one, took an awful lot of stick for it (from myself included), and a lot of what he said subsequently came to pass.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Myles Francis wrote:
Mooro wrote:I seem to remember a series of forum 'debates' with CM many years ago on here (or its predecessors) when he was a regular poster. Miles seemed to get involved quite a lot too, but memory fails to serve as to which side he tended to be on.
I don't think Charlie has ever been a contributor on here. You are probably recalling TiU v1.0 and the days immediately pre-Kassam. Charlie was anti FK from day one, took an awful lot of stick for it (from myself included), and a lot of what he said subsequently came to pass.
I don’t recall that he has posted on here either, but this small bunch of internet nomads who have been following the same board in its many incarnations will recall Mr. Methven’s contributions since the Mzuri days. A pity we don’t have a searchable archive of the version Terry used to run.
Eric Pollard
Brat

Post by Eric Pollard »

I've met Charlie a couple of times. Nice guy, smart, keen supporter. Assume he's well connected.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Maybe not as well connected as Ashton though, judging by today's Ox Mail story. I don't suppose Eales and co. need to phone Stewart Donald to ask him to contrbute a few quid...
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

Snake wrote:
Myles Francis wrote:
I don’t recall that he has posted on here either, but this small bunch of internet nomads who have been following the same board in its many incarnations will recall Mr. Methven’s contributions since the Mzuri days. A pity we don’t have a searchable archive of the version Terry used to run.

Long gone I'm afraid. There are only a dozen or so messages left in the back up file. I'd forgotten that the hat was going even back then. And one or two contributors who have been lost or changed identities, such as Zeke, Frank, Trevor, and Pedant, Mally and Dave Le Taxi.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Eric Pollard wrote:I've met Charlie a couple of times. Nice guy, smart, keen supporter. Assume he's well connected.
You know he is! After all he's got you as a FB friend!

Wonder what the 'other side' will say if they hear he's part Argentine and has been an advisor to that government? Unless of course he advised them to "let it go lads, let it go"!!!
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

If you've had the latest OxVox message you may understand that the committee appear to be from Barcelona, in the Fawlty Towers sense.
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

OxVox committee appear to be favoring one bid over the other. Yet at the same time they're calling for clarity on all sides. If true it doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. And if they are favoring one side they have no business doing so without a consultation of members.

Apologies in advance if I'm reading this wrong.
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

What keeps confusing me is this Right to Bid business that OxVox keep trumpeting on about and the six months they'll have to (try and) raise the cash to match any deal. The point is do they really think they will be able to raise the x amount of millions required and if they can then why not do it NOW?
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

Hog wrote:What keeps confusing me is this Right to Bid business that OxVox keep trumpeting on about and the six months they'll have to (try and) raise the cash to match any deal. The point is do they really think they will be able to raise the x amount of millions required and if they can then why not do it NOW?
I think they're hoping to use it for some kind of leverage, or a way to get information out about what's going on, which would seem fair enough. There's no way the fans could buy the stadium on their own at anywhere near the current asking price.
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

If I were a businessman with no interest in local football I’d jump at the opportunity to buy a ‘x’% share in the stadium and its surroundings. The overflow car park and corners alone would recoup the investment made once they’ve been converted into housing.
SmileyMan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by SmileyMan »

Snake wrote:If I were a businessman with no interest in local football I’d jump at the opportunity to buy a ‘x’% share in the stadium and its surroundings. The overflow car park and corners alone would recoup the investment made once they’ve been converted into housing.
I love the way that people keep punting this out as a solution, and yet the multi-millionaire professional property developer who currently owns the stadium hasn't done it.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

SmileyMan wrote:
Snake wrote:If I were a businessman with no interest in local football I’d jump at the opportunity to buy a ‘x’% share in the stadium and its surroundings. The overflow car park and corners alone would recoup the investment made once they’ve been converted into housing.
I love the way that people keep punting this out as a solution, and yet the multi-millionaire professional property developer who currently owns the stadium hasn't done it.
That may have something to do with the the willingness (or otherwise) of the local council to deal with the current owner.