Injury Crisis

Anything yellow and blue
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Injury Crisis

Post by Kernow Yellow »

It's started early for the new season I see:

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/oxfor ... 1222391._/

Particularly worrying news about Ryan Clarke. I wonder how much we'll see of Jon Meades too?
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Re: Injury Crisis

Post by amershamwrighty »

I don't wish to appear hypercritical, but I wonder if this was known when the season ended and if so, why their operations were not booked in for Monday 5 May ? Both players are under contract and the season was over a week beforehand anyway.

This feels a bit sloppy to me.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

amershamwrighty wrote:I don't wish to appear hypercritical, but I wonder if this was known when the season ended and if so, why their operations were not booked in for Monday 5 May ? Both players are under contract and the season was over a week beforehand anyway.

This feels a bit sloppy to me.
I was thinking along the same lines.
Dartford Ox
Puberty

Post by Dartford Ox »

Did Clarke know about this injury before he signed his 3 year contract. It appears to me he is now guaranteed 3 years income even if he never lifts a glove again for oxford.

Or am I being too cynical.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Blimey you lot are being a bit harsh aren't you? I'm guessing that most players go on a week or two's holiday as soon as the season ends, as they don't really get a chance at any other time of year. It would be a bit much for the club to insist that Ryan Clarke, who's played pretty much every match for us this season, spends his beach time in hospital or bed-bound. In fact I wonder if employment law would allow it?
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

Sorry, KY - but I don't think I'm being harsh.

Until 2 weeks before the end of the season we were theoretically in with a shout of the playoffs which would have ruled out players having holidays until after Whit Monday. By the sound of things they could have their operations and then go on holiday at any time until early July.

This whole business strikes me as awfully casual.