Mystery Man(ager)

Anything yellow and blue
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Mystery Man(ager)

Post by joepoolman »

So Lenegan says someone has accepted the position as manager, but won't say who?! I'd guess Tisdale, hope for Beattie but if it is to be announced tomorrow does that mean it's to be someone not in a job?
ty cobb
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: Mystery Man(ager)

Post by ty cobb »

Lots of rumours of Gary Waddock who apparently is at the ground tonight.

My first reaction is meh, but then that was the same when I heard Wilders name.
The Enforcer
Brat

Post by The Enforcer »

I won't be surprised if it is a manager who has not been linked with the club by either fans, media or bookies. And that's not a bad thing.
Mr T
Brat

Post by Mr T »

Can't imagine it's someone currently employed like Tisdale or Beattie 'cos that would cost us some cash.
Don't want Waddock or Harford.
Why not David Rush, or some other left-field candidate.
Whatever the outcome, I hope he can inspire us to win at Southend on Monday in front of the SKY cameras...
Bring back the black away shirt!
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

Mr T wrote: Why not David Rush, or some other left-field candidate.
Good God
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Post by Radley Rambler »

JoeyBeauchamp wrote:
Mr T wrote: Why not David Rush, or some other left-field candidate.
Good God
Seconded, I have it on very good authority that when Mr Rush was on good wages at OUFC, he would be on Smith's doorstep in Cumnor at the third week of each month asking for a loan because he had spent his hard earned.

Not the answer.
BigCrompy
Puberty

Post by BigCrompy »

The Enforcer wrote:I won't be surprised if it is a manager who has not been linked with the club by either fans, media or bookies. And that's not a bad thing.
I agree (more that it will be, than should be, but I certainly won't be unhappy if we don't compensate a bottom-of-the-league club for their man).

An interesting name brought to attention on Jerome's telephone feedback today, mainly because he was there present at the game tonight (no guarantee I know) was ex-AFC Bournemouth fatty Steve Fletcher, presently there at the club as scout.
OUFC4eva
Grumpy old git

Post by OUFC4eva »

Big Steve Fletcher played for Hartlepool United so may have been watching as a fan.

He could of course have been scouting Pools striker Luke James (no.33)
along with many other scouts.
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

The rumours I heard last night were for Waddock, but who knows. The club have kept this one very secret.
Kairdiff Exile
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Kairdiff Exile »

OUFC4eva wrote:Big Steve Fletcher played for Hartlepool United so may have been watching as a fan.
He also, someone pointed out, worked for Sean O'Driscoll in the past - so there's another name.

I missed the Lenagan interview. Did he explicitly rule out Tisdale and Beattie? And do we believe him?
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Did he explicitly rule out Tisdale and Beattie? And do we believe him?
Lenegan didn't rule anyone out other than Lewis. At about 19:20 Jerome sale said it wouldn't be Tisdale, or Beattie and that Nathan Cooper had seen Waddock at the ground, that's why he was the man a lot of people were talking about.

While we're throwing out names from left-field, and people that were at the game, Billy Turley might have done some coaching badges...
joepoolman
Mid-life Crisis

Post by joepoolman »

Press conference called for 14:00...