Oxford Cty

Anything yellow and blue
Eric Pollard
Brat

Re: Oxford Cty

Post by Eric Pollard »

GodalmingYellow wrote:
Radley Rambler wrote:
neilw wrote:"The company is strategically positioned to implement their vertical integration model incorporating all their divisions" ...... and there was naive me thinking that they were merely a local team of part timers struggling to win a game .
I've done an MBA (don't you know) and so business bollocks-speak has been installed in me. I still have no idea though what that statement means........

Part of me wants the circus down the hill to go badly wrong but not to affect City - not sure the two aspirations are mutually exclusive though.
Vertical integration means several companies, each providing different but usually somehow related products/services, all under common control. So for example the merger of Currys and PC World, or in a slightly more diverse sense, the Virgin Group.

Horizontal integration is when the companies all provide the same type of products/service. For example, when Morrisons took over Safeway.

Wrong! As the other dude says further on - but I'll say it in English, it's when the supplier owns the distributor.

'Ooop the Warriors ! Camp -eones! Camp -eones !
There's only one Jimmy Tomkins! I
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Factchecker has found a bit more ...

http://www.oxfordcityfc.proboards.com/t ... ollTo=8131
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Despite having a minority 49% shareholding (not sure exactly what of, is it the trading side of Oxford City, or the playing side?), TAG seems to have got himself control by virtue of a casting vote.

Scary to see all of those $5K and $10K share issues during the year, I guess it is people signing up for one of the "university" courses and paying a non-refundable fee.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Hog wrote:Latest 'developments' ...

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/110027 ... footsteps/
Megalolz! The attempt to link Oxford City Football Club Inc with David Beckham and Warren Buffett is pure comedy. Nice to finally detect some tones of scepticism in the Mail's reporting too.

I do wish I'd seen "The Oxford City Financial Report presented by Mick Da Mixter Bazsuly" on the Oxford City Broadcasting Network though.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

There's some comment on Guerriero's company's latest accounts on the OCFC forum now:
http://oxfordcityfc.proboards.com/threa ... es-day-tag
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

Does anyone recognise the Oxford City FC we all know from this description by the new CEO?

http://opportunistmagazine.com/thomas-guerriero-name/

No, nor me!
neilw
Puberty

Post by neilw »

Must be true 'cause you couldn't possibly make that lot up.

Seriously, are there people out there who fall for this shite? Who at City was reeled in by this chancer?
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I reckon they thought they had kept him as a minority shareholder but he claims to have taken control by making himself chairman with a casting vote.

I don't think the results of Oxford City FC being included in the accounts of Oxford City Inc. necessarily mean they are all going through his bank accounts, more likely I guess that he has produced consolidated accounts with the results of OCFC.

I still can't see anything positive about this, this is clearly a money making machine for TAG so he can cream off any revenue that he does generate by way of his consultancy fees.
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

slappy wrote:I still can't see anything positive about this, this is clearly a money making machine for TAG so he can cream off any revenue that he does generate by way of his consultancy fees.
Nor’ me, Slappy. On the surface there are few assets to plunder at CPF (and it’s not called the “Oxford City Stadium”, Mr. G.) but knowing the place a bit I think TAG may have got some of the main people who run and finance what is a thriving community run club to part with their own cash in return for promises of footballing glory and/or a quick return on their investments. I sincerely hope I am wrong not just because I have family involved there but also because it’s a lifeboat should the need for an AFC Oxford United ever emerge. I'm sure Taylor and Cox et al would love to say something on what used to be their club but for some reason there is nothing other than silence on this side of the Atlantic Ocean. The Oxford Mail seem to be more tentatively sceptical recently but Oxford City Council (when they are not so busy with the floods) need to look into this as the land owners and partial funders since the move from the White House Ground. Not many people turn up there for the 1st team games in the Conference, but people of all abilities participate in various sports at the venue which greatly outnumber the supporters of Oxford City.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Didn't The Yank and his family spend the Xmas period lodged at Colin Taylor's house? Must be a big house! I wonder if he contributed to the party fund? Or perhaps Mr T just wanted him where he could see him?

A very good source at City told me that when he paid his first visit to The New Whitehouse they allegedly had to give him a wodge of cash from the bar till to pay his taxi back to the airport! Allegedly!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Can’t comment on where TAG stayed at Xmas, but it was not at Colin’s house.

City lost at the weekend and are looking at a 3 point deduction (subject to a Conference ruling) for fielding a player that has shades of administrative chaos similar to our ‘Hutchgate’ affair a few years ago. Fordy really has his work cut out to keep them up now.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Though on the plus side, with Vauxhall Motors resigning at the end of the season, only two sides will go down from the Conference North, so with Workington detached, if City can use their games in hand to get a little run together they should be able to reel in one of the sides ahead of them and then hopefully the TAG episode can be brought to a close in a way in which they can escape financial ruin and perhaps consolidate at that level....

However, I suspect at least one of the above will not come to pass, but we'll have to see
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Mooro wrote:Though on the plus side, with Vauxhall Motors resigning at the end of the season, only two sides will go down from the Conference North, so with Workington detached, if City can use their games in hand to get a little run together they should be able to reel in one of the sides ahead of them and then hopefully the TAG episode can be brought to a close in a way in which they can escape financial ruin and perhaps consolidate at that level....

However, I suspect at least one of the above will not come to pass, but we'll have to see
However indeed.....I have now discovered that City lost to Workington on Tuesday night, so things may not be going quite as well as hoped
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

TAG is looking to expand his empire
http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/110887 ... ?ref=var_0