OUFC BT TV!

Anything yellow and blue
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

OUFC BT TV!

Post by Roo »

Our replay vs Gateshead is to be televised on BT! Does anyone know how much we will earn in TV rights? I understand that both sides will earn £33,750 from broadcast rights with the winner earning a further £18,000 for getting through to round two. A not insubstantial sum at this I would suggest....
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Re: OUFC BT TV!

Post by YF Dan »

Tactical and commercial genius from our manager to get us playing so badly that we get a lucrative replay.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

BT Sport must be pretty confident we are going to win the replay as I can't believe that Wrexham v Gateshead would have been one of their choices for a televised fixture.
recordmeister
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by recordmeister »

I'm confused. Do BT Sport also have to show the next game as well?
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

YF Dan wrote:BT Sport must be pretty confident we are going to win the replay as I can't believe that Wrexham v Gateshead would have been one of their choices for a televised fixture.
?
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Hog wrote:
YF Dan wrote:BT Sport must be pretty confident we are going to win the replay as I can't believe that Wrexham v Gateshead would have been one of their choices for a televised fixture.
?
Wrexham's second round tie has been selected for BT Sport on a Monday night.

It makes a change from what seems like Crawley always being selected for the tv games. Their days of "plucky underdog / non-league tinpot team" must be losing their attraction.
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

Gateshead advance tickets only £5 now.
Will this game rival Tonbridge Angels with 57 away fans? I can't remember what the lowest ever away total match attendances are, but this could well make the top 20. (Apart from Southern league days, Northwich Victoria, FGR in the Setanta Shield, Stafford Rangers etc.)

Financially Ian Lenagan must be hoping on our away form holds up, the tv share as well as the prize money are not to be sniffed at.
Myles Francis
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Myles Francis »

Tonbridge Angels. Still makes me wince! Unfortunately, I've lost my photo of the RadOx commentary position that night...
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

slappy wrote:Gateshead advance tickets only £5 now.

Will this game rival Tonbridge Angels with 57 away fans? I can't remember what the lowest ever away total match attendances are, but this could well make the top 20. (Apart from Southern league days, Northwich Victoria, FGR in the Setanta Shield, Stafford Rangers etc.)

Financially Ian Lenagan must be hoping on our away form holds up, the tv share as well as the prize money are not to be sniffed at.
From what I recall there were just 32 at an end of season League away game at Bury about 10 years ago. The Oxford Mail did a piece on it with a photo of the dedicated few. I remember Womble being in the pici so perhaps he can confirm?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

slappy wrote:Financially Ian Lenagan must be hoping on our away form holds up, the tv share as well as the prize money are not to be sniffed at.
Indeed - winning at Gateshead would net us a guaranteed* £90,000 on top of the £33,750 we get from TV rights from the initial tie. Plus the winner of the Wrexham tie gets another £27k and a place in the third round draw. Not to be sniffed at at all. And all the more important that we continue our good away form for these games.

*assuming both games go ahead as scheduled - I guess TV companies don't pay out in the case of a potponement?
JoeyBeauchamp
Dashing young thing

Post by JoeyBeauchamp »

Anyone know any clever ways to watch this game? As I don't have a BT package, it would cost £12 to get BT Sport for a month plus a £15 activation fee. For £27 it'd probably be cheaper to go (not an option because of work)
tomoufc
Dashing young thing

Post by tomoufc »

JoeyBeauchamp wrote:Anyone know any clever ways to watch this game? As I don't have a BT package, it would cost £12 to get BT Sport for a month plus a £15 activation fee. For £27 it'd probably be cheaper to go (not an option because of work)
Just Google ' watch BT sport online free' and enjoy
&quotI've been a slave to football. It follows you home, it follows you everywhere, and eats into your family life. But every working man misses out on some things because of his job. &quot
Yorkie
Toddler

Post by Yorkie »

Will this game rival Tonbridge Angels with 57 away fans? I can't remember what the lowest ever away total match attendances are, but this could well make the top 20.
Don't underestimate the hordes of OUFC exiles in the north. I recall the Sep 2009 conference fixture at Gateshead with several hundred of us boosting the crowd to 1100. Having said that, though Tyneside is only an hour by train for me I can't make any Wed evening so won't be there next week. See you at Mansfield tomorrow, though.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

If anyone finds a particular route that works then let me know...

worth noting that the game is to be shown on BT Sport 2 (rather than 1) if that makes a difference......!!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

Plenty to choose from here - https://www.google.co.uk/#q=watch+football+online+free (but avoid Wiziwig imo).

Also, if you don't have Sky but want to watch the occasional Sky game legally on a pay as you go basis I'd recommend a NOW TV box, which also turns your ordinary telly into a smart TV for just a one off £9.99 charge for the equipment.