Southport

Anything yellow and blue
boris
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by boris »

&quotWerthers Original&quot wrote:At least in Paris you get decent food!
Not if you're a vegetarian you don't.
Werthers Original
Dashing young thing

Post by Werthers Original »

Ha ha yes you're right! I'm not a big meat eater but I do like the steaks, ducks, etc you get over there.
Mally
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Mally »

&quotWerthers Original&quot wrote:If you think Paris is a a rip-off you should go to London, or Oxford. At least in Paris you get decent food!
Paris is a lot more expensive than London for food and drink. It's also more expensive for art galleries and museums. The only area where I found it cheaper was for public transport.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotRadley Rambler&quot wrote: Quite right GY - several of us (who are attending said wedding) made that point upon hearing it was 31st March. In the football season just isn't right for a wedding......

I moved mine when it clashed with the FA cup final in 1999 - thank goodness the rearranged date was a sunny day.

Sacre bleu!
Guilty as charged. Although when I organised it, it didn't look as though Burton at home was going to be a particularly crucial match in the scheme of things.

RR, surely you're not saying you expected us to get to the 1999 FA Cup Final?
Radley Rambler
Grumpy old git

Re:

Post by Radley Rambler »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotRadley Rambler&quot wrote: Quite right GY - several of us (who are attending said wedding) made that point upon hearing it was 31st March. In the football season just isn't right for a wedding......

I moved mine when it clashed with the FA cup final in 1999 - thank goodness the rearranged date was a sunny day.

Sacre bleu!
Guilty as charged. Although when I organised it, it didn't look as though Burton at home was going to be a particularly crucial match in the scheme of things.

RR, surely you're not saying you expected us to get to the 1999 FA Cup Final?
Well, hope sprang eternal! No, the real reason was that a close member of the family was on the FA Council at the time and had to attend the final.