Oxford Cty

Anything yellow and blue
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Re: Oxford Cty

Post by Mooro »

All for the mix of youth and experience in a game like this, but the balance was wrong for me - with all the inexperience at the back, rather than spread through the side. I would have thought it better to have started Meades (as presumably our 2nd choice LB) at LB and a youngster (either our triallist MF Ruffles or 2nd year scholar Ashby - maybe 45 mins each) alongside Hall in the middle. Likewise, when Lynn went off, that would have been an opportunity to make that switch, but instead Ruffles was placed at LB - very strange!

Given who he had alongside (and behind) him, I would say it would be unfair to judge Raynes on last night, any player would struggle to look good in such circumstances, with a lot of his time spent trying to shepherd his colleagues through rather than just concentrating on his own game. I would always suggest at least two senior players in the back five for the experience to be effective for the younger players.

Would have thought that there may have been an opportunity to give a couple of the scholars on the bench a run-out too, rather than just giving Sharma five minutes at the end...especially as the game was effectively lost earlier on. I know Wilder probably gave instructions to Lewis as to who should play for how long, but apart from minutes on the pitch (which may actually be all he cares about) not sure the senior players would gain much from staying on the field for the full 90.

Anyway, good luck City, just hope this lot aren't just here on an empty promise from the Yank
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

I see the PR machine has whirred into life, issuing the following press-release about last night's game.
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/7/prweb10959791.htm
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Who writes this stuff? Nothing necessarily wrong, or even overblown, just badly written.
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Well at least when they're bankrupt in a few months time, our next manager will be able to sign that Winters lad on a free.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

That chap Benjamin sounds quite good too - wonder where they came from originally?
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

Yeah, look how well they've both done since leaving Us :roll:

You'd think they've been tearing up the Football League the way people keep banging on about them...
amershamwrighty
Puberty

Post by amershamwrighty »

A pithy observation from KY, there.

Which brought a smile to my face.
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

KY has long been a Pith Taker!
:roll:
YF Dan
Middle-Aged Spread

Post by YF Dan »

Jon with girl's pith, as he's known
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Took my eye off the ball for a while and missed this ...

http://www.oxfordcityfc.com/oxford-city ... ficer-coo/

Wonder if she and The Yank are in town yet for the opening games of Skrill North?
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Oh how I hate the word leverage!
But is this COO for Tommy's co or COO for the football club, which are still in effect different things...
?
GodalmingYellow
Senile

Post by GodalmingYellow »

YF Dan wrote:Well at least when they're bankrupt in a few months time, our next manager will be able to sign that Winters lad on a free.
Being able to and actually wanting to do so are not the same thing of course, and Wilder does what he wants!
Roo
Mid-life Crisis

Post by Roo »

Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

"20 hours a day, 6 days a week for 30 years"? He'd dead within two!
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

Hog wrote:"20 hours a day, 6 days a week for 30 years"? He'd dead within two!
at least he didn't say 25