Oxford Cty

Anything yellow and blue
slappy
Grumpy old git

Re: Oxford Cty

Post by slappy »

Snake wrote:
Hog wrote:And how confident are you that he can sort it out?
I’m confident he has the drive, ambition, talent and accounting experience to take City forward, and will spend almost every waking hour he has available to do so.
As he is charging the company $950 per hour, no wonder he'll spend that time on City. So perhaps City may get sponsorship deals from TAG's round the world marketing tour, but how much of the money raised will ever benefit City, after deduction of expenses?
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

http://nonleague.pitchero.com/news/seve ... ate-23354/

Fordie putting a decent squad together for next season, I just hope the money is ring-fenced so that it does not all come falling down around him should the TAG experience come to a sudden and untimely end....!

Their squad so far (thanks to 'Padz' from the unofficial city forum) including 6 former U's# (4 from the YT)
GOALKEEPERS
Mark Scott (GK)

DEFENDERS
Paul Stonehouse (LB)
James Clifton (RB)
Chris Wilmott (CB)#
Adam Learoyd (CB)
Andy Gunn (CB)#
Lee Henderson (CB)

MIDFIELDERS
Andy Ballard (CM/RB)
Liam Malone (CM)
Darren Pond (CM)
Callum Mcnish (CM)
Tom Winters (LM/ST)#
Mark Bell (LM/RM)
Will Green (RM/ST)
Declan Benjamin (CM/RM)#

FORWARDS
Steve Basham (ST)#
Mike Symons (ST)
Jamie Cook (ST/LM/RM)#
Kieran Sanders (ST)
Felipe Barcelos (ST) (unavailable for part of season)

Read more: http://www.oxfordcityfc.proboards.com/t ... z2WxtE5iE5
slappy
Grumpy old git

Post by slappy »

My newsfeed has brought up the latest Oxford City Press Release (because it has Oxford United in the story).
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

slappy wrote:My newsfeed has brought up the latest Oxford City Press Release (because it has Oxford United in the story).
What is it with this 'safe harbor' thing...yes, useful for covering oneself, but I've not seen it slapped on every PR release by anyone before!
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

I got an email earlier today with the enclosed url, so I’ve booked up a slot. I don’t imagine it will be as constructive as the 1-2-1’s that Kelvin used to offer supporters but my curiosity has got the better of me...

https://www.timetrade.com/app/td-824907 ... 835neh94f3

The email said;

Mr. Guerriero will be in Oxford, UK Monday and Tuesday. He is looking forward to meeting with you in person to discuss exciting news regarding your share position (PARAGON). Take the time to check your schedule and confirm a time for your meeting by clicking the appointment link that you are confident you will be able to attend and be on time, so the meeting isn't rushed.

He is scheduled to the minute during this trip with people flying in to meet with him from all around the world, but he wanted to make sure he had time set aside to meet with you specifically.

He looks forward to meeting you very soon.

I'm honoured and lucky, as I can just use the bus to the Holiday Inn at the Pear Tree roundabout rather than "flying in".
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Oh this is brilliant Snake! Looking forward to your update already!
bob s
Toddler

Post by bob s »

Good for you Snake......I am sure there will be an awful lot of people looking forward to hearing your findings.
To err is human - to forgive is divine
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Snake wrote:I'm honoured and lucky, as I can just use the bus to the Holiday Inn at the Pear Tree roundabout rather than "flying in".
Presumably you'll get on the Park + Ride at Pear Tree and actually meet him at the Randolph?

I wonder if the Oxford Mail have made an appointment?
bob s
Toddler

Post by bob s »

.....or BBC Radio Oxford?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

bob s wrote:Good for you Snake......I am sure there will be an awful lot of people looking forward to hearing your findings.
Don’t hold your breath on a detailed report (if the meeting happens, which I very much doubt as I understand he’s off to Sweden this week) as it may be with a lackey or with Colin Taylor present. And even if it does and is half interesting then I’m happy for anyone to trawl through my internet postings over the last 15 years and point out any breaches of confidence on any 1-2-1 discussions I’ve ever had with Uncle Firoz or Kelvin. *

* = apart from the long running soap that is 'Grenoble Farm'.

Might see you at CPF if you're going, Bob...
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Oh, didn't realise they'd want it kept secret, I thought they were full of it! Perhaps you could just let us know if you trust and believe him?!?!
bob s
Toddler

Post by bob s »

Will look out for you Snake........

If you're ever in Oxford, you can always join me for lunch or breakfast at my Bowls Club - anyone else too!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Snake wrote:
bob s wrote:Good for you Snake......I am sure there will be an awful lot of people looking forward to hearing your findings.
Don’t hold your breath on a detailed report (if the meeting happens, which I very much doubt as I understand he’s off to Sweden this week) as it may be with a lackey or with Colin Taylor present. And even if it does and is half interesting then I’m happy for anyone to trawl through my internet postings over the last 15 years and point out any breaches of confidence on any 1-2-1 discussions I’ve ever had with Uncle Firoz or Kelvin. *

* = apart from the long running soap that is 'Grenoble Farm'.

Might see you at CPF if you're going, Bob...

So who did you get to meet Snake and what secrets have you sworn to keep?
Snake
Grumpy old git

Post by Snake »

All I got was an email the previous day cancelling the appointment!
Hog
Grumpy old git

Post by Hog »

Gosh, I AM surprised! I wonder where he really was?