TBFUTH Awards 2013

Anything yellow and blue
The Boys from Up the Hill
Brat

TBFUTH Awards 2013

Post by The Boys from Up the Hill »

Hello all. Forgive me for a slight indulgence but I did this last year and it seemed reasonably well-received so the TBFUTH Awards are back again in 2013! The polls are open now on the site and will remain so until Sunday May 19th.

EDIT: RESULTS ARE NOW IN: http&#58//theboysfromupthehill&#46blogs ... rs&#46html

Here are the categories and nominees:

Player of the Season
Sean Rigg
Jake Wright
Alfie Potter

Goal of the Season
Andy Whing v Rochdale
Alfie Potter v Slumdon
Tom Craddock v Wycombe

Most Inspired Signing
Sean Rigg
Luke O'Brien
Scott Davies

Worst Signing
Justin Richards
Josh Parker
Luke McCormick

Best Loanee
Lee Cox
Jake Forster-Caskey
Johnny Mullins

Worst Loanee
Sean McGinty
Daniel Boateng
Lewis Montrose

Best Team Performance
Rochdale Home
Bradford Away
Ladies v Newcastle

Worst Team Performance
Rotherham Home
Burton Away
Fleetwood Home

Best Moment
Alfie Potter's goal v Slumdon
Michael Raynes' last-gasp equaliser at Accrington
Topping the table after 3 games

Worst Moment
Rotherham's fourth first-half goal
Morecambe's last-minute equaliser
Losing to a terrible Aldershot side

Best Opposition Goal
Calvin Zola, Burton
Sam Byram, Leeds
Shaun Harrad, Cheltenham
Last edited by The Boys from Up the Hill on Thu May 23, 2013 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hog
Grumpy old git

Re: TBFUTH Awards 2013

Post by Hog »

That Worst Loanee category is a bastard to choose - they're all 'winners' !
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

The suggestion that Luke McCormick (our best goalkeeper of the season) might be the worst signing is so ridiculous as to make me not want to contribute to your poll. Sorry.
Mooro
Grumpy old git

Post by Mooro »

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:The suggestion that Luke McCormick (our best goalkeeper of the season) might be the worst signing is so ridiculous as to make me not want to contribute to your poll. Sorry.
I read his inclusion in the list to be more the moral issue rather than a footballing one
Luke O'Brien as a nominee for most inspired signing however speaks loads for our season (could mccormick not be a candidate for this one too?)
Brat

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:The suggestion that Luke McCormick (our best goalkeeper of the season) might be the worst signing is so ridiculous as to make me not want to contribute to your poll. Sorry.
McCormick was a success in footballing terms, but his signing upset a lot of people and when I asked for suggestions before creating the polls his name was mentioned a few times, so that's why he's in there.
Kernow Yellow
Grumpy old git

Post by Kernow Yellow »

&quotThe Boys from Up the Hill&quot wrote:
McCormick was a success in footballing terms,
So why didn't you list him in the 'most inspired signing' section then? A marked improvement on Ryan Clarke's form last year, and only being paid expenses - seems pretty inspired to me.
&quotThe Boys from Up the Hill&quot wrote:but his signing upset a lot of people and when I asked for suggestions before creating the polls his name was mentioned a few times, so that's why he's in there.
So we have to drag up knee-jerk reactions from 3 months ago again? Yawn.
Brat

&quotKernow Yellow&quot wrote:
&quotThe Boys from Up the Hill&quot wrote:
McCormick was a success in footballing terms,
So why didn't you list him in the 'most inspired signing' section then? A marked improvement on Ryan Clarke's form last year, and only being paid expenses - seems pretty inspired to me.
&quotThe Boys from Up the Hill&quot wrote:but his signing upset a lot of people and when I asked for suggestions before creating the polls his name was mentioned a few times, so that's why he's in there.
So we have to drag up knee-jerk reactions from 3 months ago again? Yawn.
I almost did include him in the 'Most Inspired Signing' category, but thought it would make little sense to have the same player nominated in both categories and as I'd had more people suggesting him for 'Worst Signing' that was the one I plumped for.

Those people who have a moral objection to McCormick (and I'm not really one of them) are still upset now that he was allowed to represent the club, so I think it's more than just a 3-month-old kneejerk reaction. The fact is someone would have been unhappy whether McCormick was included or not because his signing divided opinion so much. It would be impossible to keep everyone happy.
Mr T
Brat

Post by Mr T »

How can JP Pittman's goal at Accrington not be included. 'Twas tremendous!
Bring back the black away shirt!
Brat